Displaying laptop on 4K tv or Desktop monitor.

Associate
Im looking to pick up a laptop that can be used for some gaming and some general use. Ive found one that sounds good ASUS ROG Strix g15 Advantage and comes with QHD but its on a 15 inch screen.

The question i have is will there be any issues hooking this up to a 4k TV. i think the QHD is another way of saying 1440p.

Having never bought a laptop im finding it very difficult to pin down one to buy, as it seems the same laptop, by name, can have different specs depending on the web site im buying it from.

My other option is to not bother with a laptop and try and to cobble together a small form factor pc that wont look too out of place in the living room.

Cheers.

Soldato
You just need to check the HDMI version on the laptop, make sure it's at least HDMI 2.0 (although you'll be limited to SDR 60Hz, 2.1 can support higher). Alternatively some laptops will have USB-C instead which can be used for Displayport which generally has more bandwidth than HDMI but TVs usually won't have them, only monitors.

Even if a laptop shares the same model name there's always different variations to cover different budgets, you'll need to carefully look at the full model number and the spec list on the seller's site.

Associate
OP
You just need to check the HDMI version on the laptop, make sure it's at least HDMI 2.0 (although you'll be limited to SDR 60Hz, 2.1 can support higher). Alternatively some laptops will have USB-C instead which can be used for Displayport which generally has more bandwidth than HDMI but TVs usually won't have them, only monitors.

Even if a laptop shares the same model name there's always different variations to cover different budgets, you'll need to carefully look at the full model number and the spec list on the seller's site.
Yeah thats what im finding. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom