Disposable Income

Associate
im 19 and working as an office junior/computer engineer and i get around £900 a month...

£200 rent
£250 savings account
£65 car insurance
£100 fuel/car

£615 out goings, £285 for me :)

Caporegime
Rotty said:
what makesi t worse is that on paper I have a decent disosable income , in the real world I am skint :mad:

Don't understand this statement, sorry. If you have a decent disposable income then how are you skint? Because you blow it all on gadgets and other amusements like alcohol?

Thats not skint is it?

Associate
fonzee said:
full time education and your 'rents are charging rent? blimey! espec on 80 quid a week...

/appreciates own parents a bit more

Yeah well im 17 so it gets me used to it, and im going to probably get it back in a lump sum when i goto university (well if i go) :D

Soldato
Somewhere between 800 and 900 quid a month spare. Got paid Friday, nothing left for my gadget fetish for the rest of the month already. Its always the same when I am doing on call shift from home, I spend hours browsing the net and getting an idea in my head that I really cant do without something I had never heard of before.

Soldato
I have around £1400 left out of my pay packet once the essentials are taken care of. I usually manage to save £7-800 of this as well.

Even though my salary has more than doubled since I graduated my style of living hasn't really altered and I don't spend all that much more than I did when I was a lot worse off.

Of course I'm still renting a room at the moment so I expect my expenditure to skyrocket once I buy my own place :(

Soldato
I guess it all depends how you deine disposable! At the mo i'm paying off a few loans but mange to save about 150 a month so thats what i reckon my disposable income is!

Soldato
About £1200 after I have paid tax, student loan, housekeeping and travel costs.

Find it quite hard to spend having only the weekends to spend money and having been a student for 3 years :p

Associate
Being a student I don't have an income (apart from summer, but most of that money goes back to my parents paying em bak money I've borrowed), I get about £3000 student loan and borrow about £2500 off my parents each year, so per month that's

£458 available money
£220 on rent
£60 on food
£100 on student fees
£15 on leccy and water
£10 on insurace

So that's £53/month disposable income. No wonder my bank balance is continually dropping (it's down to -£700 atm :( )! I think I'll be better off this year actually, I think I get another £1000 on my loan (I sent my loan form off late and I still don't know what I'm entitled to), not sure yet tho. Thank god it's my birthday soon! I reckon I could probably keep a part time job going too, but I would have very little free time then, I think I'd rather be skint than have no time to do anything...

Edit: Oops, i'd put down how much I spent on food a week instead of per month! Eating for £20 a month would be impressive, that's pretty much living on baked beans on toast!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom