Dissertations

Associate
I didn't want to bump the old thread as it was way too old

Got mine all finished today, ready to be handed in tomorrow, how are the rest of you final year students doing?

Also;

Total Words: 23833 for main report
Length: 131 pages

Soldato
I didn't want to bump the old thread as it was way too old

Got mine all finished today, ready to be handed in tomorrow, how are the rest of you final year students doing?

Also;

Total Words: 23833 for main report
Length: 131 pages

Best of luck with the marking. Now go out and enjoy yourself!

Man of Honour
I never did a big epic dissertation, instead I did ~6 months of research and wrote a piece in the style of a journal and did a 5000 word library project (on the inner workings of the highly divergent reptile ear - very useful knowledge!).

Best of luck with it :)

Soldato
I'm currently at just under 10,000 words, have 3 weeks to finish, almost done on the research, questionnaire wise got more responses than I expected, hopefully conducted one to one interview sometime this week and focus group next.

I've got another 2 assignments on top as well.

Associate
That is extremely large, mines not supposed to be more than 40 pages, with around 1-2 appendices of 10~ pages each and that's supposed to include pics/diagrams.

But hey if my supervisor says only do 40 pages, less work for me to do, mines due in 2nd week of May. Ive already started so not too bothered. Gonna bash about 10 pages out today i hope. Already finished my 5 page intro, then 10-15 pages of method etc... then 5-10 pages results, then analysis then evaluation and then all non relevant stuff goes in appendices. Aiming for around 63.3... as that's all i need to guarantee a 2.1 overall for graduation (as this is my last piece) which i don't mind at all.

p.s no more exams wooooooooo

Associate
My dissertation is due in on the 30th April.

Haven't really started it yet....got a massive coursework for another module due in tomorrow, which im not even half way through. I've then got another big coursework due in the following Thursday, so i wont be properly starting my dissertation till the 9th April...which gives me 3 weeks to bash it out...not going to be easy seeing as i also work full time...:(

Associate
OP
Well the main report text is 23833, which is what the word limit is on, but as abstract, introduction and terms of reference are not included in that word count, but if they were, then yes i have around 31K words. On average i have around 500 words plus a supporting diagram or table per page.

Still, its amazing how bored i am now that its done :(

Soldato
Just putting the finishing touches to mine.

Thought I'd struggle to get 8,000 words, well I've managed 68 pages and 18,502 words, hand in date is Friday, need to find somewhere in Manchester to get it cheaply binded and printed off now!

Soldato
Mine's in on Tuesday, though it has to be done for Monday. I'm at about 7,500 for the body of the report (excluding appendices etc.) and 10,000 with at 63 pages. I'm aiming to do about 1,000 more one the rig I've designed has finished being built (probably was earlier today but I was in lectures all afternoon), so once that's done just a poster presentation and a viva to do.

Associate
Mine is due in on Monday 30th April.

Word count should be between 10,000 and 12,000 words.

Got 7,000. Its a nuisance and I'm pretty sure reading through it so far that its a load of **** what I've wrote lol.......

12,000 Words on the NEC3 contract.....awesome times lol..

Soldato
I feel for you guys, I made the huge mistake of not bothering to attend any of my Supervisor meetings, never handed in a draft copy or got feedback because im a lazy git, My peers were always talking about how far they got or what they were doing and i was sat there playing flash games in class

didnt start it till mid march literally sat from 9AM to 3AM for 3 weeks to complete it, The feedback in my presentation about the contents of my disertation were not great, i knew i could do better

but somehow managed a 2:1 still to this day puzzeled as it was poor. I sisnt deserve that grade for effort at least

Lesson is, do it properly!

Back
Top Bottom