Distance blurring

Associate
Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but when i google I find endless posts about positioning the headset and low resolution.

When I play Project Cars 2 in my new Rift, the up close stuff is pretty clear and sharp, but the track and cars in the distance is blurred.

Either this IS just resolution and an illusion that the distance is blurred and the foreground sharp, or something iffy is going on.

I've tried repositioning the headset, up and down, and I can see the effect this has, but it doesn't change the distance "softening".

Is this likely to be some form of software softening to prevent cars in the distance looking like lego blocks or something?

Any suggestions on tuning it back/down a bit to sharpen the distance? It's just that's it's noticable enough to distract me.

Associate
OP
I believe it is deliberate, it's only really noticable in pCars2. I've read a few settings can be tweaked. The graphics engine is delibrately softening the distance to avoid jaggies and shimmer. The only downside is they suggest tweaking the NVidia LOD bias, but that would apply to all games.

To be honest I've started to just get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom