DK2 Sync Cable?

Associate
Hi Guys

Recently acquired a DK2 however I've noticed that the sync cable is missing, any ideas on what the cable actually is and I'll try and use a substitute until I hear back from the buyer? also if it's needed

Cheers!

Caporegime
On my DK2 I used an Xbox 360 controller, the only thing else it had was the camera sensor, mine never had any sync cable to my knowledge.

Sold mine recently and updated to the CV1 and it’s a different experience.

Associate
OP
Thanks, I've no idea what its even for to be honest seems to be him and miss as a few I've seen come with, works fine on the demo but from online pics it's just looks like an audio cable. no idea.. very tempted to get a Vive or release version of rift but don't think I'd ever use the controllers and definitely don't want to pay the premium of getting one for a while as I don't even know how often it'd get used or if I'll get on with it. cheers

Caporegime
To be fair, I opened my DK2, used it for a few weeks then it sat in the box for a year, totally unused!

I then got it out to test it worked prior to selling it on, and promptly bought a CV1 with touch controllers from the MM!

The full on experience (bearing in mind the DK2 is developmental and unsupported now) with the addition of the touch controllers is mind blowing by comparison, if you get along with VR ie no motion sickness (and a DK2 is a cheap way of finding out) then I couldn’t recommend the full retail CV1 (or the later model) highly enough.

I’ve been playing Titanic VR, Doom VR and Apollo VR this morning, it’s epic.

I didn’t think I’d use the touch controllers either (I’ve got a few digits missing so thought it wouldn’t be for me in that regard tbh) but you kind of have to to get about as such.

I paid £200 for my CV1 and it’s fantastic, I’d highly recommend it.

Associate
OP
Totally fair price if it's getting used sure :) separately gonna locate the Xbox 360 receiver as have no idea where that's been misplaced in the house, can't even remember when it was last used. Hopefully going to try and get the wife hooked on it too ha more chance of getting it if it meets the wide approval ha.

Back
Top Bottom