DNA ancestry testing

Soldato
Folic acid isn't B12....
I'd certainly see medical advice.

(-edit, it's been years since I looked at the B vitamin interactions, but I though there was something about large doses of the folate masking the deficiency in B12, thus making the condition actually worse, but ho-hum, as I say it has been years)

Specifically, it's C677T and A1298C of which I'm heterozygote for both, which is apparently rather unusual. Both combined can impact folate production significantly, so my B12 and homocysteine levels would be impacted quite badly.

Soldato
100%

Who knows what they could do with it. I could end up being the pattern part for an army of droids if Star Wars is anything to go by. The benefit in no way outweighs any risk, hyperbole or not. Private companies are not to be trusted with this data.

Would you not be honoured to have a droid army modelled after you?

Caporegime
They probably just spin people a fairy tale to make them feel good about the service and then flog your DNA sequence to anyone waving money at them, probably Facebook and the Chinese laboratory that manufactured COVID-19.

I think the best part about it all is probably how a lot of idiots will have been caught for crimes when the company inevitably pass their DNA on to the police.

Soldato
They probably just spin people a fairy tale to make them feel good about the service and then flog your DNA sequence to anyone waving money at them, probably Facebook and the Chinese laboratory that manufactured COVID-19.

I think the best part about it all is probably how a lot of idiots will have been caught for crimes when the company inevitably pass their DNA on to the police.
Even more hysterical is when the relatives of the criminal are the ones that inadvertently spill the beans!

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...ect-identified-using-dna-family-tree-website/

Caporegime

'Cos I'm not keen on being a product. Even if it's 100% innocent now, at some point, someone with questionable morals will be put in a position of power and someone else will offer them a little brown envelope to hand over my DNA data and God only knows where it'll end up.

I'll play it safe rather.

Back
Top Bottom