DnB thread!

Permabanned
First dnb track in a long time I've actually had some enthusiasm for, generally the scene feels stale as **** to me and has done for many years bar the more left field artists like dbridge, stray, kid drama etc...

This is proper though, straight up mid-late 90's Metalheadz vibes, plus Boymerang break which you can't go wrong with. If only stuff like this got played by the big dj's instead of the generic 2 step dance floor fodder.

Permabanned
I dunno man, I feel the opposite has happened if anything. So many sister genres now and the quality of production and ingenuity on the sound engineering sign has gone nuts.

Depends what you're into though, right? My mates a pure Jungle head and detests all the 'hipster Neurofunk twaddle', as he puts it xD

Soldato
First dnb track in a long time I've actually had some enthusiasm for, generally the scene feels stale as **** to me and has done for many years bar the more left field artists like dbridge, stray, kid drama etc...

This is proper though, straight up mid-late 90's Metalheadz vibes, plus Boymerang break which you can't go wrong with. If only stuff like this got played by the big dj's instead of the generic 2 step dance floor fodder.

Nice tune, thanks for pointing me at this. The album sounds promising too, very Metalheadz vibe as you say.

I agree there is a lot of crap out there, for example Andy C was brilliant 10 years ago, but I now hate the crap he's playing. I'm finding there's still decent stuff by the old guard, e.g. DJ Randall / Spirit. Some of the mixes that come out of the Sun and Bass festival are worth a listen too.

Soldato
I went to Shockout Festival a few weeks back now, apart from it being 2C in there I had an absolutely brilliant time in the Hospitality Arena all night. It's been so long since I'd attended a DnB event I'd forgotten how much I loved it!

Rampage on the other hand a week later, not so much. I knew I wasn't going to like much, if any of the Dubstep (if you can even call it that), but I thought I'd enjoy more of the DnB. A lot of it is just crap these days! I can't even describe what kind of genre it is, I can live with a bit of Jump-up but this was something else. Not sure I'll be attending next year after this time around, the sound quality wasn't great either.

Permabanned
Hospital is one of the few lables I'm not so keen to keep up with. Not to say I don't like any of there releases, just that they churn out a lot of mediocre stuff.

Loving Joe Ford at the moment. One of the best Producers working today imo.

Permabanned
Hospital stopped releasing good music when Med School was born many years ago. All the good music with depth got moved to Med School so Hospital could be used to pump out little kiddy/teenage plastic sounding dnb to the masses.

Back
Top Bottom