Do Air Tags count as "Is the car fitted with a tracking device?" when getting car insurance renewals?

Soldato
I often wonder if it's worth being able to track and recover your car at all anyway.
Even if you luck out and the car is not damaged, and is just left somewhere to see if someone comes to take it back, you probably would have already reported it stolen then causing insurance rises? Then there's the whole concern around the security of the car and whether thieves will try again...

Soldato
With unwanted trackers being added to peoples cars for nefarious reasons and therefore a concern to be countered - Android (and I'm assuming Apple but don't own one) has a "Detect unknown tracker" option which will search for nearby Apple tracking devices and other bluetooth trackers - It's under "Settings" - "Safety and Emergency" - "Unknown Tracker Alerts" - "Scan".

Even being parked in an unbelievably secure car park (literal armed guards to get past) I still check my RS6, just to be sure.

Soldato
I often wonder if it's worth being able to track and recover your car at all anyway.
Even if you luck out and the car is not damaged, and is just left somewhere to see if someone comes to take it back, you probably would have already reported it stolen then causing insurance rises? Then there's the whole concern around the security of the car and whether thieves will try again...
I think it makes sense for very high end cars, often in these cases a tracker is a requirement, but not for "normal" cars.

Back
Top Bottom