Do EE allow number porting internally?

Soldato
Hi All

So I have a £60 per month contract that ends next September 2020, my wife's ends next month, what I want to do is get my wife to cancel her contract and use mine as I'm getting an iPhone XR via work so don't need a personal phone anymore really, plus carrying 2 handsets is a pain :(

Can we port out to a PAYG sim and back onto my number or can you only do that at the start of a contract?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
OP
It's a port out and back in I'm afraid... currently going through exactly your scenario with Mrs whiskycycle.

Had a long chat with their support about it and that was their solution!
OK thanks for confirming, my searches online showed conflicting information, so Am I OK to port the number onto my existing account? Seem to remember reading somewhere that this was only possible in the first few weeks of signing into a new contract

Soldato
I had to do this recently for my wife, picked up a free GifGaf simcard and put the £5 credit package on it to last for the port period, works like a charm.

Man of Honour
The only time I've ever been told it had to be done at the start of the contract or I lose the number was with vodafone about a decade ago. I've never seen a time limit given again.

Back
Top Bottom