Do Google Pixel Phones have an issue with signal / reception?

Soldato
Had the Pixels 6 and 7 and they have been... OK. There is a bad reputation for poor signal quality and adherence, but can't say that I had any terrible experiences. On O2, if that helps.

Associate
The 7 pro I replaced recently had the worst signal I've ever experienced. Out and about in good signal areas it was excellent but inside my house and some building I frequent with work it barely picked up the wifi and 4/5g was terrible compared to other devices.

I'm not sure what the problem is /was but since changing to a different phone I've had no trouble like with the 7 pro. That is my only criticism ;) the 7 pro is a pretty good device.

Soldato
Pixel 8 Pro here and yes the signal recpetion is pretty crappy compaired to the partners iPhone 12 on the same network.

Im actually regretting selling my 12 pro max and considering picking up a 15 pro.

Associate
I've got an 8pro (Smarty SIM). Sometimes there are signal problems, especially in the nearby Maccies, work canteen too, not enough to make me wish I'd gone for another phone. Not such trouble with my older Pixel 2.

Associate
I have a pixel 7 pro and I generally find signal is fine. The only thing is that when I went to this phone is I changed network. So I went from BT (EE) to Vodafone. So really I can only try and compare to my previous experience 2 years earlier with my Huawei mate 20 pro which was on Vodafone. I would say that the signal seems to be basically the same with the exception being where 5g has been installed. Overall both times I've been on EE based networks signal has been better but that was with an LG G5 on Virgin and the Poco F2 pro with a BT SIM. Both were on a Snapdragon SOC but not sure on what antennas they use. I still have the Poco laying around somewhere. Maybe I should try it with my Vodafone SIM and see if I notice any difference.

Back
Top Bottom