Do I have the best fan layout for my case?

Soldato
I'm wanting to make sure I have the best fan layout for my case to get the best airflow. I've mocked up a crude layout in ms paint, I'm hoping you can all give me some opinions. Thanks :)

06a977f3.jpg

When I turned my fans for my H70 around (so bringing colder air from the back) it lowered my temps 5 degrees.

I have a Corsair 650D case, intake at front, intake at back and top fan pushing air from the case out. Because heat rises this seems to me to be the best way to do it, I'm getting 35 degrees idle on my i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz.

my $0.02 :D

I can't fit another fan at the top as the rad gets in the way unfortunately!

Edit: just seen your post Rooster, I'll give that a try and see how it goes, thanks :)

Last edited:
You need to look at temps overall. Also, what about the PSU, Thats always an exhaust.
Reversing the rad fans will give a drop in CPU temps. However, it will raise the internal temps including graphics card.

The PSU fan does nothing in relation to the case, it sucks in through the bottom then straight out the back.

I've just swapped the rad fans around and CPU temps are exactly the same, the load temps are maybe 1-2°C lower but that's it.

Why not try a negative pressure setup? Minimise the number of holes on the rear of the case, and only run the extraction fans. It will cause a low pressure inside the case, sucking in cool air from infront of the pc. Plus that way you don't have any fans at the front of the case, which will make the pc quieter.

Back
Top Bottom