Do i keep ale at room temperature or chilled?

I think im going to have to stop off at tescos later and pick some up, should i just close my eyes and pick something at random?

No don't do that. Get a range of reccomned ones. Hobgoblin is ok but not great.

Badger Golden Champion Ale - is a good place to start as it's very light, almost like a cross between a larger and ale.
ANy of the Bath Ales - they are all good

More main stream can usually find these in pubs, I was always partial to
Old speckled hen
Flowers IPA
BASS

Last edited:
I think im going to have to stop off at tescos later and pick some up, should i just close my eyes and pick something at random?

Based on ones that you should have in Tescos you could do worse than trying Well's Banana Bread Beer, Deuchars IPA and Isle of Skye Black Cuillin but that's just off the top of my head and there may be more local varieties in there you'd be better off with.

My recommendation for buying Ales that seems to have worked out well for me is buy the ones with the interesting names and nice labels :p
Found Black Sheep Ale through the odd name test and really like it. Goliath is one I bought because the bottle stood out on the shelf and is really nice and easy to drink too :)

Out of all of them, Tribute is my regular

Oh, big Ale festival on the island at the end of the month, all welcome!

Not a fan of pear cider at all, perry is slightly better.

Used to defend Strongbow and Woodpecker to the end, then got a taste of real cider. Oh my word, it's amazing :D

Westons Organic Vintage @ 7.3%, Janet's Jungle Juice @ ~5%

Lovely stuff :D

This thread is a lot like whenever someone asks whether to drink Whisky with ice/water or straight and hundreds of so called experts give their opinion one way or the other.

Same applies to chilling ale - boil it and serve it in a mug if you like it that way. Personally I like it quite chilled so it goes in the fridge for a while, although not long enough to reach fridge temperature, maybe an hour or so

Back
Top Bottom