Do i need a new case for a top gaming machine ?

Associate
Hey guys i currently have this corsair case

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...-cube-case-black-cc-9011030-ww-ca-143-cs.html

Just wondering would it be ok to use this case in my new machine, which i will be building around june time, im waiting to see which route makes the most sense, amd, or nvidia, amd or intel CPU

these cube type cases are probably the ones that make most sense for me as my desk has no room, and i have no room to my left, so it sits on the floor to my right, i have no problems with this current case, just wondering should i change it to a newer model, will it hold all my new componenets etc ? thanks for any insight

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I can't see why that case wouldn't be fine, the problems people usually run in to are GPU length or CPU heatsink height. Your case can accommodate GPUs 320mm in length, and CPU heatsinks 170mm tall. Check out all recent high end GPUs and you'll see they come in at less than 320mm. I'm not so sure about CPU heatsinks, but many people use AIO coolers nowadays so it's less of an issue as the radiator replaces the need for large heatsink headroom.

Associate
The Corsair Air 540 is a very good Airflow case. You will have no problems putting a new build in this.
Just double check the length of your GPU if you plan on putting a new Graphics card in. If you check your clearances in the case before doing your build, you shouldn't have a problem.

@CorsairChris

Back
Top Bottom