• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do I need to do anything?

Associate
Ive just become the owner of a brand new AGP 256Mb 6600GT. :)

I currently have a GeForce 4.

Both cards are nvidia so do I just take one card out and put the other in and thats that? I presume they use the same drivers as they are both Nvidia.

Or will it be better for a full reinstall ?

Associate
Yes you do need to do something:
1. Download driver cleaner 3 (or pro), and nVidia driver 82.XX
2. Put in your 6600.
3. Boot into safe mode
4. Use driver cleaner 3 (or pro) to uninstall the nvidia drivers.
5. Install new version of drivers.

This way there "shouldn't" be any problems.

Last edited:
Soldato
As above or if your an impatient so and so like me, swap the cards boot up and install the latest drivers and hope, might not work but probably will and those few driver cleaning will have been saved!

Soldato
Hi,

well the description above is the very clincal way of doing it, I have found with nVidia card you just boot down, swap the card and boot up job done :)

Of course this is assuming you have already installed recent drivers that recognise your new card. . .

If you find u have problems doing it this way, then follow the instructions above :)

Associate
Big.Wayne said:
Hi,

well the description above is the very clincal way of doing it, I have found with nVidia card you just boot down, swap the card and boot up job done :)

Of course this is assuming you have already installed recent drivers that recognise your new card. . .

If you find u have problems doing it this way, then follow the instructions above :)

I've done the same in my own sys and other peoples i've been setting up. As long as your drivers are pretty new you should have no bother

Associate
OP
Everything worked fine and Im very pleased with the card. Well worth the money. Should last a while.

Get games running at 1248*1024 with max settings with no probs. Great card!

Which drivers would people recommend?

The Nvidia ones fom nvidia site or the XFX ones on xfxforce.com?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom