1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to install the manufacturer's motherboard drivers? What's current advice?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Participant, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Participant

Caporegime

Hi all

I've just bought an Asrock ITX motherboard for the kids' sitting room gaming box and was wondering if I need to bother installing the driver packages from the Asrock website?

I have previously done this under the impression it was necessary, but then thought about how often I think about I update these (never) and wondered if this is still a thing?

Windows says I already have all the necessary drivers already and everything seems to be working perfectly. I tried updating the Intel LAN driver with a driver package I downloaded from Asrock and Windows told me I already have the best driver.

I don't need the audio one as it's through the nVidia GPU; should I bother with the chipset and LAN drivers, or will Windows 10 have already sorted this out for me?

Cheers.

2. LePhuronn

Soldato

I'd grab the latest chipset drivers from AMD directly, but I'd leave the others if Windows is saying it's up-to-date.