Do Not Disturb

Soldato
Hi all,
I have an iPhone 8 (latest iOS) with Do Not Disturb mode scheduled each night, which works great apart from Facebook Messenger... Does anyone else have this issue?
At the moment I try and remember to turn the sound notification off every night, but I shouldn't need too.

I find it rather annoying that Do Not Disturb mode doesn't include all app notification sounds, I mean, what's the bloody point of it then?

TIA

Commissario
No, that doesn't happen to me. I often wake in the morning to unread message flags on Facebook Messenger but it hasn't pinged me. There is a setting within the phone to allow favourites to get through the DND, is it possible that you're getting messages from favourites.

I'm even more sure that it's working for me because I now wear my watch at night and if I were getting notifications, that wrist tap would wake me up.

Soldato
OP
No, that doesn't happen to me. I often wake in the morning to unread message flags on Facebook Messenger but it hasn't pinged me. There is a setting within the phone to allow favourites to get through the DND, is it possible that you're getting messages from favourites.

I'm even more sure that it's working for me because I now wear my watch at night and if I were getting notifications, that wrist tap would wake me up.

I don't see an option for favourites. I have 'allow calls from everyone' enabled though, because if someone's calling me at night something's wrong.

Unless the phone thinks Facebook messenger is a call? I'll disable calls tonight and give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom