Do OCUK stock this?

Soldato
Looks really interesting. I seem to buy a tube and use it once or twice at most.

This seems idiot prove and will defo give this a go in the next build.

Soldato
Question is, does the price point for the product make it worth it. I can't say i have any problems putting a small blob on a large square, the process is already idiot proof.

Caporegime
Surely if you're only going to use it once they need to price it in such a way they make enough profit of a single sale rather than the two or three tubes people buy over the years?

Soldato
Realistically one pad covers one system, it's not like you can split the usage of a pad across systems like you can a tube, i can't see i'd opt to buy multiple pads instead of a single tube and put up with the minor inconvenience of replacing the compound once every year or two, chances are you'll be inside the system(or systems) at least once a year for a spring clean, upgrade/replacement anyway.

Soldato
I wonder if it will just become bundled with the coolers in future.

I'd still give it a go for the sake of giving it a go. Agreed that putting a small blob on is idiot proof, but for newbies there is still uncertainty on the how much and pattern.

I'm all for simplifying.

Soldato
I guess this is something OcUK could just buy a roll of from whatever factory knocks it out and then just cut as required, margin would be good on any decent sized roll - and potential for user error vs thermal paste must be lower which could help cut RMA / Return rate for those who seem to struggle applying thermal paste...

Soldato
Although people are saying this sort of thing is idiot proof, these are graphite sheets. The non-conductive pastes for heat transfer are more idiot proof IMO, although these sheets are less likely to be used incorrectly than conductive pastes.

Associate
The problem I thought with it is if you mount your cooler when the motherboard is vertical the pad would drop down a bit and may not be in the centre. Whereas the paste will stay in position even when the motherboard is vertical.

Back
Top Bottom