Do Paedos Really Get Beat Up In Jail?

Soldato
So a former employee of who I work for was recently convicted of child molestation...as you do. The office talk soon turned to the cliches of "He'll be bummed every day in the showers" to "He'll never get out, he'll be killed in there". One of the 'I know everything about the underworld (or at least pretend to)' blokes said "The lifers get their families looked after in exchange for beating up sex offenders" with the confidence of a former jailbird (despite not being one or having kind of criminal record).

I started to question this notion. Have people thought the films Scum and The Shawshank Redemption were documentaries? Surely modern prisons have certain levels of security and guards don't really 'turn a blind eye' to other prisoners being beaten up? Especially seeing as the people saying it also bemoan 'Political Correctness gone mad' and that damn European Court of Human Rights' for being over-protective of criminals most of the time.

Before anyone says it, no I do not sympathise with this man and nor do I fear for his safety (I hope it is true given the charge sheet), I just wondered if any police officers or prison officers could confirm or deny the cliche.

Soldato
OP
you have fallen into the media` trap` over the use of the word `paedophile`

by definition it is someone who is sexually attracted to prepubescence (under 13) children

so running off to france with a 15 (near 16) year old isn't a `paedophile` - it would be defined as `Ephebophilia` - of which im very sure , anyone who has ever seen ` sararh,18 from Essex` on page 3 would also fall into that category
Ephebophilia is the sexual attraction for young adults between 15 and 19....

There are hebephiles as well.

Back
Top Bottom