do people not know what specs cameras do?!

Soldato
for those that don't know the stretch of roadworks on the M1 near luton let me explain..

southbound there is a 1 lane contraflow which is 40mph for 5 miles with SPECS gantries at mile intervals - so basically a 5 mile long average check.

Last night was driving down there, at 38mph at the front of a train of cars.

The person right behind me beggared belief - I couldn't see his headlights for 5 miles as he was so close to my bumper - he was so close his lights reflected back into his car off mine and i could see him being aggressive tward me travelling so slowly.

I'm sorry mate, but I could have just saved your license - I wasn't going to go through 5 SPECS cameras at speed.

grr

Associate
Are those the Yellow cameras that are similar to CCTV cameras? I seen some on the way down to London. I cant stand Speed cameras anymore they are everywere just my luck that about 80% of em cant catch bikes, mostly the digital ones since we dont have plates on the front due to safety. But wont be long until the vans in our area start the cameras for bikes.

Associate
Should have done all you could to get out of his way, let him pick up a nice hefty fine ;)

Just for information too for the Manchester boys and girls, i've noticed that the specs are now up and running on the M60. A lot of this is also down to 40mph too :(

Associate
Definitely at the Ashton-u-Lyne exit and Denton. Not been further out last couple of weeks since i spotted them but will be off to Trafford Centre later so will keep my eyes peeled ;)

edit* Think it's junction 4 & 5

Soldato
I've often pondered this one as I've gone through the specs cameras that I've seen over the last 30k in the last 12 months with people shooting past me well over the limit.

And how many times do you get clocked? could you lose your licence in one go?

Soldato
Wang said:
Definitely at the Ashton-u-Lyne exit and Denton. Not been further out last couple of weeks since i spotted them but will be off to Trafford Centre later so will keep my eyes peeled ;)

edit* Think it's junction 4 & 5

Quit simple to spot where the SPECS are on the M60. It'll be where the speed limit is reduced from the national limit.

Soldato
I would have thought the whacking great "average speed check" signs might have been a bit of a giveaway myself but clearly not.

Mind you I don't know anyone who has ever been done by one.

Back
Top Bottom