Do people not realise it's sunny?

Soldato
Went out for a blast in the sunshine this afternoon and must have seen 30+ soft tops. Only two of them had their roofs off and they were both Elises. I did manage to embarris a Z4 driver into putting his roof down but no other victories.

On a sunny day winter soft top motoring is as much fun as summer soft top motoring. Get your tops off people!

Soldato
OP
mr tommo said:
Did you have your heaters on? :p

I had some hot air blowing on my feet to keep them nice and warm for heel 'n' toeing but a jacket was all that was required to keep me warm.

Hair was trashed but it is rather long at the moment and needs cutting.

Soldato
OP
mr tommo said:
The only thing i don't like seeing is someone in a convertible with a big woolie hat on.
....At least pretend your not freezing :rolleyes: :D

Drove back to my parents on Christmas Eve with the roof off wearing a big coat, gloves and a Santa hat. Best reaction I've even had from pedestrians. As I was driving through Cambridge kids were waving from all directions and everyone knows that 6 year olds have the best taste is cars ;) :D

The Santa hat may have had something to do with it :)

Soldato
OP
andi said:
I don't get this obsession with having the roof down. If you've got a roof, and its cold, whats the problem with using it? I think people with the roof down when its freezing look daft tbh :o

Alas you are missing the point. I get as much fun driving with the roof off in the cold as I do in 30 degree heat. Probs best if I don't start in 35 degree heat ;)

Back
Top Bottom