Do people who wear a lanyard look important?

I'm just an office monkey, so don't bother showing my ID. A while back, I figured out that it uses NFC as it triggered off my Sammy S4's NFC sensor by making that bleeping noise when close by. So I just leave my ID in my wallet and swipe everything with the wallet :D

Ward staff will obviously need their ID out because of direct contact with patients.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
in work fair enough. walking around out of work not so good, in a bar after work douche baggery of the highest order.

Associate
Am I the only one that has never heard the word lanyard before??? :confused:

I can guess what OP is talking about though..

Soldato
I don't need to wear it but do so as it's easier than having it anywhere else and I'll forget it to often if I don't. Just easier to stick it on when in the building. Although it's usually tucked under a jacket or cardigan so not that visible.

Plus I can walk up to the reader with hands full and brush against it.

Soldato
We have to wear ours for security reasons, but the lanyards have a spring loaded bit of string which makes it very handy when walking through barriers. What does surprise me is that we have the company name on the lanyards and cards - that has always struck me as a bit dumb when companies do that, if you lose the card and it gets into the wrong hands then anyone can get in. Although more secure areas require a code with the card.

Soldato
I have to wear a lanyard because my pass should be visible while at work (security reasons). Given the choice I would not use it because its a pain having something dangling around your neck. I take it off when I leave the building though.

Soldato
Depends on the job. If you're running around the building all day then a lanyard is much easier. Also, most of them are probably free lanyards with advertising hence the bright colours.

Caporegime
I asked for my security pass to be twice the normal size (so I can look doubly important) which has the added benefit of being large enough to accommodate the number of figures in my salary which I have written on it in permanent red marker. It only just leaves room for me to put my girth measurements on too.

I look so important the women don't stand a chance :aspies smug:

Soldato
All have to wear ours all the time so I find it rather funny that some might associate it with importance. My wife is always telling me to take it off when we are out shopping, for dinner, etc. Strange

Associate
I am required to wear mine on a lanyard round my neck as per company policy. I must also remove it as soon as I leave the premises for security purposes. Different colours for different roles blue for permanent staff, red for contractors and yellow for visitors.

Don't see the issue with it personally and it makes it easier to swipe in and out of security doors.

/Salsa

Back
Top Bottom