Do radiators raise or lower room humidity?

Soldato
I don't think you can accidently all over the floor, as there is no bottle involved, pretty sure you have to accidently the entire bottle.

Humidity increases drying clothes, warmer air holds more moisture, to relative humidity can increase, but warming a room which has air full of water, without increasing the water in the air, will lead to less condensation, as the surfaces are warmer and won't condense as much out of the air.

Caporegime
I don't think it would have any effect at all, except that warmer air can hold more moisture.

It's a sealed system.

mayb e warmer room means more water will be released from the people/soft furnishings and stay in the air as its now able to.

Soldato
I don't think it would have any effect at all, except that warmer air can hold more moisture.

It's a sealed system.

Incorrect saying it wouldn't have an effect - relative humidity is affected by temperature. Warmer air can hold more moisture, so if you raise the temperature and not the moisture content the relative humidity drops.

:)

Caporegime
im actuall;y curious about this now, lysander check instructables to see if there's an easy way of making some kind of humidity sensor/meter and test it :p

Soldato
I'd be more concerned about rapid changes in temperature than humidity. If you have enough moisture in the room for mould then I'd not be keeping them there in the first place. (Not that you have said there is!)

Soldato
Most cheap hygrometers apparently work on the physical properties of horse hair changing with humidity. Only expensive meters use genuine dry bulb wet bulb calculations.
So humidity is probably quite important for string instruments with natural fibres.

Caporegime
Most cheap hygrometers apparently work on the physical properties of horse hair changing with humidity. Only expensive meters use genuine dry bulb wet bulb calculations.
So humidity is probably quite important for string instruments with natural fibres.

i thoghut most used metal or nylon?

Back
Top Bottom