Do we have any Asus reps? Gaming laptop repair query

Caporegime
Hi,

Just wondered if we had any UK Asus reps on site still.

My Asus G14 has developed an issue (Thankfully I bought an extended warranty) however the RMA process hasn't gone as expected since Asus don't handle these in-house.

Kind Regards

Martin

Man of Honour
Jesus.
The takeaway message from this, don't buy an Asus laptop (The product itself is great, but the 3rd party repair company, not so much)

I've not touched Asus in awhile but I've RMA'd personally 2 monitors, 1 graphics card and a motherboard, all "premium" tier products except the GPU and the company that handles RMAs for them was dire and Asus didn't want to know. Only had any joy when they ran out of other people's RMA returns to send out round-robin style and had no option to send me a new monitor (which also died a year later), OcUK had to handle the GPU in the end and sent me out another brand replacement and the motherboards after the 3rd time getting what was someone else's return poorly refurbished and also faulty I took a hammer to (literally) and washed my hands of the company.

Caporegime
Jesus.
The takeaway message from this, don't buy an Asus laptop (The product itself is great, but the 3rd party repair company, not so much)
There's a Youtube channel called NorthridgeFix. The guy fixes many electronics but Asus laptops feature repeatedly and he is not very complementary of them (posted from my Asus laptop :eek:).

Man of Honour
There's a Youtube channel called NorthridgeFix. The guy fixes many electronics but Asus laptops feature repeatedly and he is not very complementary of them (posted from my Asus laptop :eek:).

I took apart one of my Asus ROG Swift monitors after it failed, they'd obviously had 2-3 revisions post going to production and things were just slapped in with a bit of tape, etc. for an expensive product it was dire. Not to mention there was a high current leak to ground which eventually destroyed a component (why they kept failing) due to bad design.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Essentially my G14 has some markings on the screen.
I suspect it's somewhat of a design flaw issue with how it dissipates excess heat after it's been turned off and closed as you can see the outline of the keyboard.

The company Asus use say it's liquid damage, when it's absolutely not.
Ironically the quoted price for repair is fair, but I'm not paying that.

It's been damaged from expected working parameters.

The repair company technicians don't take calls/emails, they have just an admin department. So they just tell me to go to Asus to talk to them.
Asus's call centre acts like they can't do anything, and the email correspondence doesn't seem to be reading what I'm saying.

It's an absolute nightmare while my £1600 laptop is essentially being kept ransom.

Caporegime
OP
In the end I've just had to agree to pay £45 to get my device returned to me unfixed.
I have no idea what state it'll be in (I took pictures of it working before I sent it in)

Asus support absolutely diabolical, and the 3rd party company used is just as bad.

No one seemingly willing to engage on the diagnosis of the fault, I had on guy on the phone at Asus agree and say he'd escalate it. Heard nothing back and any further e-mails/calls just ended up in generic responses.

Got told to E-mail a different Asus UK E-mail with a massive email. They responded with an investigation would be risen and I'd hear back shortly. After a week I E-mailed up to receive another generic response that suddenly seemed to forget said investigation.

Long and short, don't buy an Asus laptop if you're concerned about having to RMA it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
You are joking?!?!?! After paying for extended warranty?

I’ve never been in a situation like this but I would go mental if they tried that.

Nope not joking

The 3rd party company have said it's out of warranty caused by liquid damage.

It's not caused by liquid damage as you can see the keyboard space bar (As it's got a significant shape) "Marked" into the screen (Which as I say, I think it's a fault with how excess heat somewhat leaks through the keyboard after it's been turned off and closed).

You can't get in touch with the 3rd party company, only their admin team and they don't say anything.

And Asus never acknowledged the content of what I was telling them.

Utter nightmare

Permabanned
I’ll never buy another Asus product now you have said this, absolutely shocking.

I got an Asus Zenbook laptop purchased with work I got to keep so I’m not concerned as much. Had it 2 years no issues yet but I won’t personally get one now.

Caporegime
OP
I’ll never buy another Asus product now you have said this, absolutely shocking.

I got an Asus Zenbook laptop purchased with work I got to keep so I’m not concerned as much. Had it 2 years no issues yet but I won’t personally get one now.

That's the kicker.
I really like the devices, but I wouldn't touch another after this.

I can't believe that Asus actually use a third party company like this (The company is called letmerepair if you want to search it). I had no idea when I first purchased my G14.

I mentioned on the phone about the issues and was told they hear a few complaints about the company.

Permabanned
I never go with any company where it’s 3rd party repair. I would rather attempt it myself over this.

If you def sure it’s not liquid damage fault make sure you put a complaint in. Keep on at them until they either give a refund or fix the problem or change the device.

It’s what I would do.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I never go with any company where it’s 3rd party repair. I would rather attempt it myself over this.

If you def sure it’s not liquid damage fault make sure you put a complaint in. Keep on at them until they either give a refund or fix the problem or change the device.

It’s what I would do.

Well one of the Asus support staff whom saw the pictures said he was confused by the diagnosis as if it was liquid damage why would it be in the centre and not at any edges etc.

I've given up chasing. I'd rather just get my laptop back and replace the screen myself. I've burnt myself out with it

Man of Honour

I had the original Asus Eee which was a solid bit of kit - sadly not the story for a lot of their products and Letmerepair are a sham - just round-robin customer returns with a bit of a wipe down from my experiences. Will be surprised if OP gets their original device back.

Associate
When my msi laptop went for repair (under warranty) it was via a third party too. 3-4 years ago now.

Nightmare situation though :(

Back
Top Bottom