Do you buy less from ocuk now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I find myself buying less from the site now due to the new layout of the site. I would be classed as being an impulse buyer. Now I find myself skipping the main site all together and coming to the forums directly. This has saved my wallet and also made me think, "How many others buy less now due to the new layout of the site?"

Even this week only deals don't tempt me to go to the site any more now. Anyone else "feel" the same?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I would still buy from OCUK if I had to buy something.

However in terms of an impulse buy, I don't really do that anymore due to rarely using the new layout site...hence me spending less than I did before.

Things like a fan controller or a LED controller etc I'd impulse buy if I saw it, just to try it out, but now I don't really

Soldato
OP
The website won't stop me buying from OCUK if I need something specific. However, the horrendous layout means I no longer browse the website. My wallet thanks me as I'm not making impulse purchases any more

Exactly, this is what I was getting at when I made the thread....and wow didn't think this would be 4 pages long now either. Guess I'm not alone then in how I view things.

You almost have to know in advance what you want before looking to buy it on the new OCUK site. WHeras before you could easily just scroll around areas and if I saw something I like I'd get. Now I don't due to the site layout.

I'd like to see a simple 1 click = 1 page, of this week only items . Without having to filter this and click on that. Yeah ok ok sounds like first world problems but surely it can't be THAT hard to have this week only deals in 1 place like the old site, without faffing about trying to add filters and click more things than I have to. The urge to spend my money gets halved for every extra click I need to make until I just go ..."ah ***** to this" and open the forums instead of spending money.

Is there no way to be able to have the option to view items in the old site format if you choose? A bit like a forum skin can be changed but the content stays the same? :confused:

Soldato
OP
The new website is a little more harder to navigate around if i'm being honest. It hasn't deterred me from spending on the site but if I was a new visitor I think I would be a little bit put off. I've always enjoyed it's simplicity, if that makes sense so i didn't quite understand the reason to change. The old saying if it ain't broke..

Bingo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom