Do you drive while using your mobile phone?

Associate
LOL that only just clicked. What I meant was a passenger to make the call. My friends and I left a club one night recently and saw a car swerving all over the place, nearly caused several accidents.
One of us called the police and we followed the car to its destination and waited there till a police car came.

Associate
munkyfunk said:
Never.
However, if I get a call then I turn the speaker on and put the phone on the dashboard.

...Aye, speaker on and phone placed somewhere.

Only involves pressing 1 button which is to take the call. Never really have long conversations as I say I'm driving.

It's not rocket science to talk and drive at the same time. Most people should be able to manage it :)

As for the 'experts' who say it requires more concentration to talk on the phone than speak to passengers because you have to try and 'visualize' them and where they may be which can sound a bit pervy. I'm talking to a voice, not trying to picture someone, can't think I've ever tried to do that unless someone says I'm on a beach, its blazing hot and there's tons of gorgeous women around. Then I may start to visualize ;)

The thing with passengers is you may try to turn to face them when holding a conversation. This obviously doesn't happen with a phone call unless you feel the need to keep looking at the phone when speaking???

Soldato
never used the phone when driving, but i have done something far more dangerous, read a map at 85mph on the m6 (near Brimingham J5/6ish). Eyes were off the road for a good 20 seconds and i was very close to the car in front when i looked up :eek:

Soldato
Sone said:
never used the phone when driving, but i have done something far more dangerous, read a map at 85mph on the m6 (near Brimingham J5/6ish). Eyes were off the road for a good 20 seconds and i was very close to the car in front when i looked up :eek:

:eek: did you know that if you were consulting a map for an average of 10 seconds at a average speed of 60mph, during that time you would travel twice the length of an average football pitch. So you were very lucky!

Back
Top Bottom