Poll: Do you jitter click?

Do you jitter click?

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 54 31.8%
  • Never heard about it but I'm getting jitters from this thread.

Votes: 107 62.9%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
That losira video is keyboard, not mouse. Look at his fingers on the mouse, he doesn't even click much, and 90% of the things he is clicking does nothing to help his game, its just to keep his hands moving.

Why do you think APM has anything to do with winning games? http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/GoOdy this guy is known for having incredibly low APM and he still competed at the highest levels for a while, and still pretty good now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oayncywGHYQ

^^ As a theme its generally a thing with those games - I know a guy from the UK who doesn't have any particularly high APM but easily as good as most of the high level Koreans - very scary person to play SC against as the level of mind games and multi-layered tactics he could bring were incredible - and that was just messing about on LAN :S (sadly he burnt out playing competitively).

Permabanned
OP
Oh one thing I nearly forgot - the AN-94 is one of those weird weapons where switching to burst mode (tap V twice with default settings IIRC) doubles the rate of fire - you only need to be clicking around 30/s to max it out though - you will get beat by someone rapidly bursting it in burst mode over automatic fire (600 v 1200 rpm).

(Something your "friend" probably isn't telling you).

I know that already he doesn't need to tell me ;), the an94 in bf3 is in burst mode from default unlike in bf4 where it is auto. I did a 1v1 against him and everytime he came out better just by mag dumping from clicking extremely fast.

I'm going to dig out my G700 in the afternoon and compare it to the G502. I think the switches in the G502 require more force or the buttons are setup higher as they do seem "springy".

Man of Honour
I know that already he doesn't need to tell me ;), the an94 in bf3 is in burst mode from default unlike in bf4 where it is auto. I did a 1v1 against him and everytime he came out better just by mag dumping from clicking extremely fast.

I'm going to dig out my G700 in the afternoon and compare it to the G502. I think the switches in the G502 require more force or the buttons are setup higher as they do seem "springy".

The rate of fire should be saturating at a relatively low click/10s maybe more like 50-60 dunno but definitely shouldn't need 90+ to max it out.

Unless you are using a key to fire or some kind of software assist or just a freak your aim isn't going to be amazing in actual combat situations clicking that fast though - after the first 4-5 rounds you are going to get beat by someone properly bursting at a slightly slower rate at anything other than in your face combat.

Last edited:
Soldato
^^ As a theme its generally a thing with those games - I know a guy from the UK who doesn't have any particularly high APM but easily as good as most of the high level Koreans - very scary person to play SC against as the level of mind games and multi-layered tactics he could bring were incredible - and that was just messing about on LAN :S (sadly he burnt out playing competitively).

Who? Kinda curious. Theres only 3 pro players from the UK that I know of that are actually any good, and they aren't even close to some of the average Korean players.

Man of Honour
Who? Kinda curious. Theres only 3 pro players from the UK that I know of that are actually any good, and they aren't even close to some of the average Korean players.

I think he played under the name alex2k or something like that - this was a long time ago on the original SC not SC2.

Man of Honour
I can right click much faster than left weird.

With the way I grip the mouse the finger on the left natural falls slightly past the actual button bit itself while the right overlaps it - if I move my left finger (and whole hand) back a bit I can increase left a lot.

Associate
Got 74 on my first go just clicking how I would normally.

Can't seem to "jitter click" with my index finger for some reason but I can do it better with my middle finger and get 122 but can't move the mouse.

Using a G700S

Soldato
Never heard of this before. Is this what the kids are into know then ? I just tried it and failed

/feel old at 28

Edit: Managed bang on 70 clicks with just my normal click using Asus Sica

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom