Do you prefer to game on small monitor or big HDTV?

Permabanned
So take me as an example.

40" HDTV
22" LCD

This week I have been playing Deus ex HR. NOW I had 2 choices:

1. monitor plus keys and mouse sit at desk (obvioulsy only 1600x1050 in my case)

or

2. Play on HDTV use 360 controller and lie on bed.

I chose option 2.

However, I think that playing at desk on monitor can be more immersive like you are in the game? And I notice more details sitting that close. Anyone else think this?

Obviously the big tv controller advantage is comfort.

As for competitive online fps gaming keys+mouse is essential.

Permabanned
OP
I usually play on my monitor there's nothing stopping me playing on the TV via HDMI at 1920x1080 with my surround sound through optical but for some reason my 22" pc monitor with sennheiser headphones is much more immersive

It is much more immersive

However I been lazy so just playing deus ex on the big screen with pad.

But headphones plus monitor is very immersive. Obviosuly your eyes only see the sreen and ears only hear the game.

HWen you play big monitor you see all the other sht in your room subconsicouly, its in your field of view though you dont focus on it.

Permabanned
OP
Depends on the mood I am in and the type of game. I have been alternating between using my 40" Sony and 22" monitor for Deus Ex: HR. Some days I just feel too tired to sit at my desk so opt the TV route.

I will say one thing though, and that is Deus Ex: HR works very nicely with a controller + HDTV + PC setup.:cool:

ditto all that

Back
Top Bottom