Do you rewatch tv shows?

Soldato
So just curious as it's really rare I do it, even more so as I have shows to catch up.

That being said year or so ago I watched all of battle star galatica again and over past few nights being doing the same with spartacus series.

There is shows I always watch when I just need to unwind e.g red dwarf but I'll just watch any old episode

Wondered if I'm alone in this? Partly curious as I have friends who once watched something won't go back again even if they loved it

Associate
Only time I’ll re watch an episode or 2 is when I’ve had to wait 6-12 months for a new series to come out I’ll watch the last 2 of the last series to get back in the loop.

Man of Honour
I occasionally throw on an old episode of a show to unwind or if i need something on in the background.

I used to religiously re-watch old shows but now there's netflix and prime video churning out tv shows I can barely keep up with current tv so rewatching isn't really an option. That being said I still managed to rewatch breaking bad and bojack horseman last year, and I'm halfway through season 4 of GoT. BSG I re-watched every year since I first discovered it, last year was the first year I didn't manage to find the time to do so.

Man of Honour
I can't rewatch most shows once I know the story.

Battlestar Galactica is one of the exceptions there actually the miniseries and much of the first season I regularly rewatch especially the opening stuff on the Galactica itself. Same with Stargate Atlantis actually the initial setup I can rewatch quite happily and the odd episode but the bulk of the show I don't find that interesting once I already know the story.

House I can sometimes get into rewatching the odd episode and I do quite enjoy rewatching Yes Minister - it is just so brilliantly done and the story is pretty much secondary.

Soldato
Yeah me too, that and The Pacific, both highly re-watchable.
Also Battlestar Galactica.

On my list to re-visit are The Sopranos and The Wire, both well worthy of a second watch.

Absolutely. I bought the complete Sopranos collection on BluRay to rewatch. Although that was a couple of years back and so far I haven't taken off the shrink wrap...

Soldato
I've rewatched The West Wing several times and I dip back into Entourage from time to time!

Really looking forward to watching Breaking Bad and BSG as I really enjoyed them the first time around!

Soldato
I've rewatched Band of Brothers and Breaking Bad, but they're the only two I can think of. I rarely rewatch films or TV shows and never reread books, I just don't see the point. Imo content loses its wow factor after you've watched/read it for the first time and it feels to me like a waste of time going back over it again, particularly something quite time consuming like a TV series or book.

Back
Top Bottom