1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you still use bookmarks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LiE, May 1, 2019.

1. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

For personal use I have a couple of dozen book marks on the bookmarks bar and then for work I have many many bookmarks in different categories linking to various vendor documentation pages and knowledgebase articles

2. Double07

Wise Guy

What? I must be ancient then if people aren't using them as much now, I have reams of the things :)

3. 233

Capodecina

yip have a good 15 portals and log in pages for work all tucked away as bookmarks as i have to log into them at least daily

4. new boy

Mobster

No. I normally have say... 8 - 20 tabs open permanently of things I am currently doing / do every day.

For the stuff I don't do everyday, I honestly think its quicker to just open a new tab and then google it than to navigate the bookmarks.

5. EVH

Don

Only on my work machine, purely because there’s loads of corporate pages and I can’t remember how I found half of them or where I’d need to go to find them again, without struggling :p

6. Rimsy

Mobster

Yes but only for things like recipes and the odd reference page that isn’t worthy of being one of my 20 ish always open chrome tabs

7. Efour

Capodecina

I used to have about 100 before the days of auto complete.
    Now I have about 10.
    Things like ocukforum, my bank, YouTube, Spotify, BBC, bookface and eBay.
    Things I'll click just from habit or boredom.
    I also hate having more than ten tabs open, even tho I just upgraded to 32gb of ram :p

8. mrmucker

Gangster

These days my bookmarks bar is normally used for dragging web pages between computers seeing as it gets synced across browsers. There's maybe a dozen or so icons on it that I use everyday.

9. Vimes

Mobster

Just checked in Chrome how many bookmarks I have within nested folders etc on my bar, 1562.
    Guess that also could reflect that I do tend to horde, just a little :D

10. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

I bookmark pages, but only so they appear at the top of autocomplete. I couldn't even tell you how to get to bookmarks as a list at this point.

11. TehJumpingJawa

Associate

On desktop, yes, though mostly as a bar.
    On mobile not so much, thanks to the way Chrome has hidden them in preference to Google's suggestions. (Which at first I hated, but have come around to them)

12. LuckyBenski

Mobster

Came here to ask who still reads books. Realised I'm even more behind the times than people who bookmark webpages :o

13. krooton

Caporegime

I let autocomplete deal with anything I use regularily, I only bookmark random things I might not ever find again (usually recipes).

14. FBi7

Hitman

I have about 2 dozen bookmarks on chrome, about a dozen that I use regularly.

I didn't realise they were dying out.

15. Terminal_Boy

Soldato

I have about a dozen bookmark folders and maybe a hundred bookmarks inside them on Safari (iOS). Mostly French legal, French motoring, garden equipment and pool maintenance pages.

I use Safari’s Reading List function for stuff I only need to read once and delete.

16. Rossi~

Capodecina

Yes, I have many. Why would I not have bookmarks/favourites? They're shortcuts to all the webpages that I need to use/use the most.

17. Nasher

Capodecina

Yes because search prediction etc is all part of big data gathering, so turn all that kind of stuff off.

18. dan958

Wise Guy

Only at work, as there are a bunch of work related sites that I will never remember.
    At home though, I only visit a few websites, so I don't need to bookmark them.

19. james.miller

Capodecina

Yes I use them for useful resources etc that I use less often. For the most used stuff, I just type it in the address bar lost most do I guess.

20. EvilSooty

Perma Banned

Yep, have loads separated out into folders in Firefox.