Do you wear an apple watch in the shower/Bath

If I've been out playing football / running and am sweaty, I'm usually wearing the sport band, and it comes in to the shower with me - I'll clean under it with shower gel, and rinse it off.
If I'm just getting in the shower and am not sweaty, it's usually a fabric band, and I take it off and put it on the charger.

Same story as others; mine's been in the pool, sea, bath, shower, etc, still fine. Had it 5 years.

I’ve just had a shower installed, only had a bath previously. I now use my watch series 8 to time my showers as 8 minutes in the shower is the sweet spot…

nnWGNOD.jpeg

Have to enable the water mode when you’ve activated the timer and then it locks the screen on the timer. Otherwise the water drops from the shower pause the timer.

I’ve just had a shower installed, only had a bath previously. I now use my watch series 8 to time my showers as 8 minutes in the shower is the sweet spot…

nnWGNOD.jpeg

Have to enable the water mode when you’ve activated the timer and then it locks the screen on the timer. Otherwise the water drops from the shower pause the timer.
8 minutes in the shower? What you doing for the other 5 minutes :p

I have two apple watches, a 5 and an 8. The 8 is my wear all the time watch and the 5 is my wear when the 8 is charging or if I'm showering or in the bath watch. The 8 has a fabric strap but the 5 has a rubber one on it. Never had an issue with it.

I don't wear mine in the shower because I was worried that shower gel would get in and damage it. If I'm wrong though I'll get a rubber band as it will make things much easier.

Worn my Ultra in the shower for nearly 2 years and no issues whatsoever. Also had it in saunas, steam rooms etc.

I wouldn’t dream of submerging my iPhone but why would anyone worry about a device that is literally built to withstand severe weather and extreme conditions.

Last edited:
A somewhat related question. I bought a refurbed Series 6 watch from one of the famous places who sell such things. The series 6 is supposed to be waterproof I believe. Im going on holiday next month and will be in the sea and in the pool. Is there a way to test if the watch is actually still waterproof besides the obvious? As I haven't owned the watch from new I would hate to jump in the pool with it on only to find its not waterproof, at the same time it would be a pain taking it on and off all the time.

I've always figured that if the apple watch could take the punishment of walking out in the rain, then it's perfectly capable of taking a little soap and water. I think the only time I really take it off is for the hour I need to recharge it.

I’m now showering for approximately 4 minutes, 3 to 5 minutes seems to be the recommendation. I use the timer on my Apple Watch, you have to turn always on mode on, and then start the timer, then you have to enable water mode to lock the screen.

You must also keep the watch on your wrist otherwise the screen goes off even with always on enabled. I’ve had no problems with it on my wrist whilst showering, after I’m done I turn off water mode which ejects any water.

Back
Top Bottom