Docking for GE66 Raider

Soldato
Looking for a docking station for the GE66 Raider.

Anyone have any experience with using / buying one?

D.

I’m looking into purchasing the GE66 and will need a docking station solution as well.

As I understand, the GE66 doesn’t have a thunderbolt port so this will need to be USB-C.

Did you manage to find one suitable, and if so, what did you go with?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
I’m looking into purchasing the GE66 and will need a docking station solution as well.

As I understand, the GE66 doesn’t have a thunderbolt port so this will need to be USB-C.

Did you manage to find one suitable, and if so, what did you go with?

Thanks.

Still looking at options... Seems to be plenty of generic - all with downsides depending on what it's plugged into! Not 100% compatible etc.

Soldato
Still looking at options... Seems to be plenty of generic - all with downsides depending on what it's plugged into! Not 100% compatible etc.

Thanks.
I’ll update this thread if/when I decide on one in case you haven’t purchased one already.

off topic ... how do you find the GE66? Does it perform well in silent mode?
I plan to use it for programming and gaming while sat in the living when others are watching TV so low fan noise is important to me.

Thanks.

Associate
OP
[QUOTE="off topic ... how do you find the GE66? Does it perform well in silent mode?
I plan to use it for programming and gaming while sat in the living when others are watching TV so low fan noise is important to me.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Honestly - The fan noise is at a pitch that is not in the foreground - I have never had them go off off... but during normal silent mode and with a text editor or browsing, I would say it's acceptable but hardly silent. Overall, performance wise, I'm impressed with so much under the hood in a 15.6" form factor. Relatively light too.

Back
Top Bottom