Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Man of Honour
Just got back, really enjoyed it. Some bits felt a bit hectic but the action was good and it flowed really well. Genuinely surprised when the film ended as it didn't feel like 2 hours at all

Man of Honour
compared to the 1st one?

Oh massively preferred this to the first. Wasn't overly keen on the first film at all, watched it a few times over the years and it grew on me but this one was much better. But that's the case with Marvel films in general I guess, the earlier ones typically just aren't quite as good as the more recent ones, with the odd exception.

But yeah this was much better for me.

Underboss
Oh massively preferred this to the first. Wasn't overly keen on the first film at all, watched it a few times over the years and it grew on me but this one was much better. But that's the case with Marvel films in general I guess, the earlier ones typically just aren't quite as good as the more recent ones, with the odd exception.

im going to love this one, really really enjoyed the 1st one

Soldato

That's good news, I thought first movie was bang average, I like the character within the main ensemble but don't feel he has the presence to carry a solo movie. This in itself is odd as have been reading Dr Strange since my stepdad gave me his silver age comics in my teens in the early 90's and find the comic runs some of the better of the marvel stable.

Soldato
Saw it yesterday afternoon..

I liked it, the darker feel felt like a departure from the usual copy paste MCU formula.

Really wasn’t expecting Wanda being the main bad guy (didn’t watch most of the trailers) but it worked really well.

The mild horror vibe, especially the illuminati deaths was kinda cool. Would’ve liked maybe a little bit more back story on them though, wasn’t really explained for a casual as it’s probably a comic thing.

The Reid Richards got a very audible reaction from the audience. The Dr X crossover was a nice touch too, hopefully a nod at more to come.

I’m keen to see how Thor4/Gotg2.5 follows on the multiverse plot although I’m fully expecting a more relaxed upbeat vibe from Taika

Oh and stay seated for the mid credits and post credits scenes :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The second post credits scene is nearly as much of a troll as the Captain America one where he says "Patience. Sometimes, patience is the key to victory. Sometimes, it leads to very little, and it seems like it's not worth it, and you wonder why you waited so long for something so disappointing... How many more of these?"

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Really? I found it very easy to follow and thought it was very good.

Thought Black Widow was the worst phase 4 movie.
Same BW was a wasted opportunity and awful. I'd rather they didn't make it cause it didn't fit to the timeline events and was shoehorned to keep Scarlet happy.

Back
Top Bottom