Does anyone have a favourite airport?

Soldato
That’s like saying a car is a car. It goes from A to B. But the experience on that journey from A to B can be very different!

Also, came back from Istanbul last night, arriving there, the bags were on the belt before I got to it (and I was pretty quick going through immigration, and it was quite far too).

Back into Heathrow T5, 30 mins wait for bags.

So proud to be British :rolleyes:

Soldato
Ive been quite fortunate to see a fair few,

LHR T5 was great when it first opened. Seems to have changed a bit these days, but still walks over anything else in the UK for me.

Im a big fan of Oslo and Helsinki, the style, calm nature and usually great light through the airport.

A bit of an odd one, Honolulu had buildings connected via walkways/bridges with no windows. Of course makes sense with their climate, just so different to being boxed in like we are elsewhere and provided a great viewing space :)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
UK Airports suck compared to pretty much anywhere else in the world.

I could happily wander around Minneapolis for a couple of days some great craft beers at stupid prices. Oman was fun but really glad that one was on expenses.... bloody good though :)

Associate
Don't have 1 favourite, but Norwich airport and Southend airport, Aberdeen airport and Salzburg airport, and other like them are my fave, when you walk in your at the gate within minutes very little wait time to get through security, when you land, the baggage is ready for you as soon as your get unloaded from the plane, and your out to the taxi rank or airport within 20 minutes or less of landing.

Likes of Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted are awful, security slow and clunky, everything takes an age, lucky if you get out within an hour of landing.

My worst airport is Palma... Less said the better

Soldato
I've only flown 3 times, so technically it's a tie between Heathrow and Gatwick. Cardiff comes last because it's an especially depressing lump of 60s concrete. I suspect the architect's only previous experience was council tower blocks and multistory car parks.

Caporegime
Just went through CDG twice in the last 7 days…still crap. Even though I had a ton of time it still feels inefficient.

Air France Apps says Terminal 2F yet the gate I’m assigned to is in Terminal 2E. WTF.

Also, hardly any food options, either Pret, 2 other kinds of places like Pret, and Yo! sushi. A salad, coffee and Juice came to €22!

Soldato
Heathrow isn't bad. It's not far from the M4 so an easy drive from Bristol. The bus from long stay parking drops you right outside.

I don't like Gatwick because it takes ages to get to from Bristol.

Bristol airport has an extortionate drop off system where you then wander along a covered path the the front of the airport.

Man of Honour
Just went through CDG twice in the last 7 days…still crap. Even though I had a ton of time it still feels inefficient.

Air France Apps says Terminal 2F yet the gate I’m assigned to is in Terminal 2E. WTF.

Also, hardly any food options, either Pret, 2 other kinds of places like Pret, and Yo! sushi. A salad, coffee and Juice came to €22!
Brussels, another of my not favourite airports, is similarly terrible for food options and the prices for what they do have are bonkers.

Associate
Bergerac in France.. the "terminal" is a shack and one Ryanair flight in a day. Getting off and into your transport is minutes (if that!)

Associate
Currently in the new 'Terminal A' at Zayed airport, Abu Dhabi.
Very very nice, could be because it's new, but loads of eating options, decent 'pub', shops, and well organised.
Gate security is pretty thorough as well, which I don't mind

Associate
I have no idea why but I really liked Vancouver airport. It’s a bit odd. It has weird green patterned carpet through numerous areas and has weird jellyfish fish tanks in the walls. Very odd place but I liked it.

I also thought Dallas was really good.

As for UK, Heathrow (T5) is superb in my experience.

Most quirky I’ve been to is koh samui.

Some rubbish airports that should be better due to huge volumes of flights -

Geneva
Las Vegas
Turin (shockingly bad)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom