Does anyone here have a camera (Dashcam) fitted to their bike ?

Soldato
I'm using an Osmo action for now that i clip on to my rucksack strap but i'd love to be able to just start the bike up and go knowing it's always recording front and back.

Associate
After being in a car accident last week I'm seriously considering getting a camera for the bike.

A rear facing camera specifically...

They could play the footage at my funeral.

Transmission breaker
Don
I run cameras on both of my main bikes.
Both forward facing.
Neither are logged to show speed, or dates. They are purely for storing some rolling footage of about 2-3 hours, and are ignition powered only.

Its set that way, mainly to stop concerns from people I ride with, and also the cameras are very small and inconspicuous with no screen.

Associate
I have a NextBase Ride mounted on the handlebars. Became a necessity after I was knocked off back in Nov 2016. Young girl pulled out of a side road and t-boned me.

She admitted full liability, we exchanged details, and I went home to report the incident to my insurers. A few days later my insurers reported that the 3rd party's insurers were denying liability, and despite the driver's admission, they can still still do this.

I had legal cover on my policy which helped and the other insurancy co paid up. I always take this now for the sake of £20-£30. My bike was written off and a few days later I got back £20 less than I paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom