Does anyone here use Logic Pro?

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting a MBP 16" when it is upgraded to the M1 chips but was wondering if Logic Pro is the right choice of DAW? I want to use it to make music for games I develop for iOS and maybe macOS.

Are there any decent AU packages that have decent instruments and synths? What is the workflow like? This'll be my first since 2007 so I'm a bit out of the loop. I'm borrowing my Mums MacBook Air to see if I like macOS and it seems pretty good to me so far.

Associate
I have Logic Pro as part of the student apps pack many years ago. Its waaaay too complicated for a pleb like me to use properly, but the sound from the instruments on it is great to my ear. I created the hold music with it for the company I work at when we put in a new phone system a loooong time ago as they didn't want to pay anyone any royalties or license fees. Its a bit rubbish but you can listen here if you're interested :p

Edit: couple more I did messing around with Logic Pro here - might give you an idea of what it sounds like:
Orchestral
Ambient/Electronic
Messing with MainStage to find nice sounds/melodies

If you want to listen to a decent/pro track that was done with Logic Pro, then Billy Ellish's Ocean Eyes is actually the demo track in Logic Pro.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have Logic Pro as part of the student apps pack many years ago. Its waaaay too complicated for a pleb like me to use properly, but the sound from the instruments on it is great to my ear. I created the hold music with it for the company I work at when we put in a new phone system a loooong time ago as they didn't want to pay anyone any royalties or license fees. Its a bit rubbish but you can listen here if you're interested :p

It does look complicated from what I have read but I need to be able to make some music myself and the price is right. I guess I'll just have to work it out with the help of YouTube. I've never done anything like this before.

Soldato
OP
Why not start out with Garageband? Its free with the Mac and surprisingly capable.

I could do I guess but I'm planning out what software I am going to get and Logic Pro seems a reasonable choice from that perspective and add in Adobe Creative Cloud and I should have all of the tools that I need. I would then just need to pick a 3D rendering program and I would be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom