Does anyone use CleanShot X?

Commissario
I keep looking at this, I tend to screenshot things a fair bit and often use Preview to annotate screenshots. But I don't know if I do it often enough to warrant paying for a third party app.

I used to really like Skitch which would allow screenshots, annotation and then upload to an ftp site all from within the app but that's long dead.

Does anyone use CleanShot X, is it any good?

One thing that's putting me off is that the license appears to be for one Mac - I'd have to buy two licenses for it and they don't give any details on pricing for second licenses on their website. It doesn't help that there's no trial version.

Commissario
OP
@Feek it’s an extra $20 for an extra seat, you can also get the app with SetApp.
Yeah, I finally found some more pricing details here.

Still not interested in SetApp. I've looked and pretty much anything in there that I'm interested in, I've got already. If I could get it for the student price, I might consider it for a year to try it but I'm not paying full price.

Man of Honour
Yeah, I finally found some more pricing details here.

Still not interested in SetApp. I've looked and pretty much anything in there that I'm interested in, I've got already. If I could get it for the student price, I might consider it for a year to try it but I'm not paying full price.
Fair one. Cleanshot have a money back guarantee, so give it a whirl. I honestly wouldn’t be without it.

Man of Honour
I seem to remember you signing up for it a couple of years ago, was it worth it for you?
Yes and no. It was nice to be able to try out some apps and see how they worked for me. In the end I worked out that it would be cheaper to get the apps I actually used directly compared to via SetApp.

Associate
Doesn't it say it's free if you don't mind a little nagging? Not that I object to paying for something I use regularly and find really useful.

Commissario
OP
D3WACt9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom