Does it Exist?

Associate
Hello,

I'm looking for a sound card with some USB ports pass through and Bluetooth. Or 2 out of the 3 in PCIe form. Alternatively, can you split a PCIe (ignoring bandwidth) so you can be connecting multiple devices?
It's a niche problem I have so can understand if it's not recommended.

Soldato
What are you exactly trying to do if there is such a thing (which I very much doubt) Almost all PCI-e sound cards have as inputs & outputs:

3.5mm analogue for headphones, microphones or an amplifier if said card is stereo/5.1/7.1 channel sound
Toslink (square-ish connector) optical digital lead for that
Spdif - looks the same as an RCA connector.

There was a sound card released donkeys years ago that had HDMI, but these are bog standard on motherboards & GFX cards.

Associate
If it doesn't exist it's a good indication what you're trying to do is unwise for reasons anyone that can make them understands.

Alternatively; you've found a niche in the market.

Associate
OP
I basically only have one pcie slot and need bluetooth, extra usbs and a sound card. I'd rather not have all the wires of hubs and or usb versions and was trying to see if i'd missed a product that might have my very specific needs!

Associate
You can get m.2 bluetooth cards that would plug straight into the motherboard.
With a USB hub ... lets be honest, its only 1 extra cable ... as you'll still be plugging the same cables/devices to the hub. Or get a laptop USB hub with short cable and stick it to the back of the machine.

Then get a sound card and slot it in - but seriously, does your PC not have onboard sound ?.

Soldato
If you need more PCIe slots, then you buy motherboard with more of them...
Or accept that that small form factor board has limited expansion capacity.

For sound card Creative's B-stock price for Sound BlasterX G6 actually beat internal big margin for what you get for the money.
(unless you need more than two channel analog output)

Associate
What are you trying to do with Bluetooth? Are you after audiophile sound or just any sound? Do you have unused usb headers on your motherboard?

If you're trying to find a combined USB hub, dac, and Bluetooth dongle you're definitely out of luck. If you want a dac that will work with your pc and play audio from other devices over Bluetooth, I'd suggest something like the Topping DX3 Pro.

Sabrent makes a 3-port USB hub that plugs straight onto a USB socket, so no extra cables.

Back
Top Bottom