Does Music influence you

Soldato
Just a quick one really.

I find some music whilst in the car makes me want to go a bit faster and a bit dafter. Dont worry I would never listen to music on the bike. i like the noise to much. But know If I did the outcome would be stupid. But even listening to some heavy metal prior to a ride makes me a bit nutz.

So do any of you find when you are driving/ riding some songs make you want to go Mental?

Or are you just mental LOL

Soldato
It affects my riding massively. Something mellow like Muse has me riding smoothly and sedately.
Rage Against The Machine or Prodigy has me riding like a loon.

Soldato
OP
Aye I tend to sing a lot. but more of me shouting in a high pitched voice

"THUNDERBOLTS OF LIGHTENING VERY VERY FRIGHTENING ME GALLELEYO"

or along those lines LOL.

Because I ride the VFR few mates have taken to call me Joey as you can guess ..... Joey Dunlop, Usualy because im never off their tails LOL so guess you could say I'm just nutz

Soldato
Because I ride the VFR few mates have taken to call me Joey as you can guess ..... Joey Dunlop, Usualy because im never off their tails LOL so guess you could say I'm just nutz

You sure they don't mean Joey Deacon? :p

I listen to music on the bike very occasionally, but largely don't. I don't like it if I have no way of turning it down when I need to, I have a little adapter thing somewhere with a big volume knob on it. Usually I just do what everyone else does and sing/shout/rant to myself

Soldato
OP
You sure they don't mean Joey Deacon? :p

joeyright.jpg

You saying I have cerebral palsy LOL

Soldato
I would listen to some Muse too for when doing some long distance, but I dont really listen to anything anymore rather just amuse myself and wear earplugs, you can hear you thoughts clearer :p

Listen to some dragonforce when riding thats funny as hell :D

Soldato
The only music that affects my driving is classical, it totally chills me out and nothing bothers me, but I often listen to the Foos when riding and that usually ends up with me playing drums on the tank at the lights :D

Associate
I've stopped listening to music for this very reason.

Classical music made me ride no different to normal....

Anything that is loud and aggressive usually made a similar change in style to my riding.

Soldato
Affects me massively, but I like that it does. If a track changes to something bit more aggressive, hardcore dance for example, I'll get home quicker.

That said, listening to some trance, just suits my ride so much more, feel relaxed, and find I enjoy the ride much more, only thing is when the music gets a bit faster, my throttle hand twists some more lol.

Man of Honour
lol was thinking this today, came over hartside / alston / middleton in teesdale on my way back from the lakes and couldnt stop singing john the revelator from sons of anarchy :) focused me a lot more i must admit on the old Vfeer

Associate
I never sing when im on the busa and music in general is gay...i do swear a lot and i also laugh a lot when i am riding my bike.

Associate
Last time I rode and listened to music I was 17 on a RG125 wearing shorts.

What put me off was the fact that I very VERY nearly got off'd by a screaming fire engine which I hadn't heard.

Since then I've never listened to music whilst riding and also always worn proper armour including gloves and boots even to goto the shops for a paper.

And if I dodged the original question then yes, exciting music makes my driving goto pot. I find more and more often I just listen to radio 4 (unless theres a play on)

Back
Top Bottom