Does this keyboard exist?

Associate
Morning All,

Birthday coming up so in the market for a new keyboard (using a cheap Logitech one at the moment) but I'm not sure if what I'm looking for exists. Here's the requirements,

- Can be wired but must also have wireless or Bluetooth as it will be connected to both my desktop and laptop when working from home and I don't want to be pulling cables all the time!
- Mechanical but on the quiet side of mechanical
- Full individual key RGB
- Full size or TKL

Suggestions most welcome!

Soldato
I actually have mouse which can be used either wirelessly or wired, but haven't heard about such keyboard.

And ability to connect to two devices without switching cable would be likely problem.
That's more toward area of KVM switches. (KM possible term used for keyboard&mouse switch)
You connect input devices (+monitor) to switch and connect cables of switch to PCs, then selecting which PC you want to control.
https://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F1DN102K-3/
https://www.aten.com/gb/en/products/kvm/cable-kvm-switches/cs692/
So I don't think you can get that.

Also while single LED doesn't draw much power, "hundred little streams makes river" and is problem for battery life.
Which is likely why there are very little wireless keyboards with any kind back light.

Plus most mechanical switches don't give a damn about noise, with hard pieces of plastic smashing into each others in both ends of key travel.
Out of all switches those trying to damp those noises are rarity.
Logitech's Omron made Romer-G and Cherry's MX (not really) Silent are only ones with more wide spread availability.

MX Silent uses MX Red's very light linear force curve without much resistance before registering point.
So it's very different in feel and operation from membrane/rubber dome.
Romer-G is non-linear switch with more resistance before key starts going down and reaches registering point. (but no major increase in bottoming force like harder linear switches have)
Hence lot more friendly for person without experience from mechanical switches.

Associate
OP
Thanks, I suspected it might be a difficult ask!

Does anybody have any experience with the Cooler Master SK650, looks to meet everything above?

Also I've seen the SK650 and SK651 banded about, are they the same?

Associate
Drevo Calibur is a mech, backlit wired or bluetooth connection TKL board. Battery life is not that long when not connected to USB though, backlights and wireless seem to a bit much for little batteries LOL.

Associate
Wireless with RGB is pretty rare combination and the only ones that come to mind are the Anne Pros but they are 60% boards. If you are struggling to find anything these are supposedly not that bad once you get used to them but this isn't my word. You might also want to have a look at the Filco Convertible boards, they're pretty decent but they have no backlighting.

Do you have a switch preference by any chance?

Soldato
Coolermaster SK621. Reviews are mixed.

Not sure about the ability to switch between two computers. Pairing (Bluetooth) is usually fussy.

Again battery life will be impacted by RGB lighting. RGB is kryptonite as far as wireless devices are concerned. It's often recommended to switch it off for mice, headsets, and especially keyboards (loads of LEDs).

Maybe a more ghetto keyboard, with global illumination, rather than per-key LEDs.

Back
Top Bottom