Does this pipe routing look ok

Associate
Looks fine, loop order doesnt matter too much due to the heat holding capacity of water
Maybe cpu to GPU might be neater?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Why don't you go CPU > GPU? You could elimenate at least one long pipe run.

Soldato
I think I know why he's run GPU => Rad => CPU => Rad ... though it's misinformed. Water systems can be thought of as a single closed entity, what matters is the heat put in vs the heat pushed out - the order within the loop doesn't matter. As suggested above, just run GPU into CPU - it'll look a lot neater and save you tubing :)

Soldato
Not a fan of the air flow the backside rad is going to get to be honest. It will work as is for sure but you could get more out with the rad positioned in the case such that it isn't either drawing or blowing against such a near flat surface. Unless it is going to be a totally open case in which case it probably won't matter as much.

JSW

JSW

Associate
OP
There will be a bit more space as changed the 60mm thick rad there to a 35mm one.

Still have 60mm thick rad at the front.

Due to all the fans is it ok to use one of these on each pair of fans on the rads EK-Cable Y-Splitter 2-Fan PWM (10cm)

Permabanned
instead of creating a new thread to ask the same question I'll just post it in here?

I'm planning a new build with a TT View 71 case, I would have a 420mm crossflow rad up top and a 360mm rad up front.
The pump would be at the bottom next to the PSU but which direction should I be going in for better head pressure cooling?
My initial plan was to put a crossflow rad up front too then go res-360-420-cpu-gpu-res but if I were to go the other way then I would put a thicker standard rad up front and go res-gpu-cpu-420-360-res.
I'm leaning towards the 2nd direction as the components would be at the beginning of the loop where most head pressure would exist.

Back
Top Bottom