Dogs and rehoming = gutted

Caporegime
wild dogs or wolves dont fight to the death.... or continue to fight and injure each other (usually) - unless its rival males maybe or two packs fighting over their range...

they are simply trying to get the pack order straight and because the pack leader (the op) does not understand dog etiquette he is possibly (without knowing it) undermining the stronger animal or supporting the weaker animal...

its also possible that the animals do not see the OP as pack leader at all...

however if a kid is involved I would just get shot of the animal unless you are 100% sure they are safe and even if you are 100% sure do not leave the kid alone with the animals...

(not saying the OP stupid but if you read up on it there are loads of small things you can do / not do that show submission or dominance without even knowing it)

So like i said then basically, i just didnt go into detail

Soldato
I always thought that the dog's owner was the pack leader? Should be though as the pack leader will make both submissive

I mean the animals are fighting for the number 2 spot, well 3 after his wife... not sure about kids never really thought about them....

I'm not sure about kids... they cannot be above the dogs in the pack? do dogs see kids as pups because of the way the parents act to them and jsut not consider them in the pack order squable?....

I suppose a male dog who is led to believe he is boss of the owner may kill the kids... (have seen lions do it to young in prides they have nicked off other males)

Soldato
I'm not sure about kids... they cannot be above the dogs in the pack? do dogs see kids as pups because of the way the parents act to them and jsut not consider them in the pack order squable?...

Depends how the parent introduces them, they should be above the pack.

Soldato
OP
I am telling you outright that some of the Cesar stuff will not work, and will be counter productive with a wolf dog.

I am the boss, not them, they have to sit and wait in front of their bowls till I tell them they can eat, and don't get to lick any other dogs bowl (normally).

These dogs will fight to the death btw, make no mistake. But they are not 'aggresive' per se... it's only between them, they are fine with people. The one that wants to be the alpha female is nervous in public on her own, and unsure of other dogs, it does not make her a good leader. She isn't the boss but is trying to be, and she is very demanding and jealous for attention. I know it's mad for me to say she is lovely all at the same time, but she is.

Anyway.. see what happens :) Please bear in mind she is not a 'normal' dog as such though.

Soldato
OP
Both bitches have now been spayed. We have taken the decision to rehome the wolf dog as we dont think our older Inuit will back down, so more fights may occur. That combined with our priority
being our daughter, I dont think its worth the risk.

It has been heart breaking, but its the responsible thing to do and we have managed to find a home with an eleven month old male, and the people kids are at youngest teenagers. I am happy she will be getting a good home, and hope they learn how fantastic she can be aside from the issue with our other bitch.
I will be driving her up on Thursday, and her new family on Friday. Thank you to our other breeder for the quick help and thorough advice.

Soldato
OP
Last night I drove the hour and forty five minutes to take her to be rehomed. She won't meet her new family till today. We are completely torn up about it, and it honestly feels like someone has died to us. Literally feels like we are in mourning. Having to let a part of our family go that we REALLY didn't want to have to, but felt like there was absolutely no other option. I still just want to get in the car and drive back saying we've made a mistake, but we can't. I can't solve the bitch rivalry fights, and I can't keep them apart indefinately, it's no good for either of them. I can't risk my little girl getting caught up in it either, but it all just seems wrong. No one should have to do this.

Thankfully, if all goes well today, she will be rehomed with an 11 month old male, and a family where the youngest child is 14. Can only hope that they give her what she needs, all the fussing and attention.

The house this morning was so quiet.

Soldato
I think you made the right choice, take solace in the fact that she can live happily with a new family and get the attention she deserves.

Soldato
OP
Well, apparently she's gone to her new home today and the new owner's :cry: were pleased with the all the information we had written down to help them (likes/dislikes/walking/grooming/feeding etc).

Let's hope it all goes well. She's such a beautiful dog. Promise I'll get a picture up this weekend, just couldn't find a recent one on my phone.

Last edited:
Soldato
yes seems like a good call, take solice in the fact that you didnt just dump her in a rescue centre - any lesser person perhaps would have. good that you bothered to take the time out to find a suitable home and the dog will be much better for it in the long run.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
OP, i'm really sorry to hear that. a friend of mine had this beautiful pure-whire siberian husky which he had to have rehomed when his ****-up of a husband moved out and the dog would have had to be left alone at home while my friend was in uni/at work.

If Muslims have their way all your dogs will be slaughtered .

**** Off. Muslim's don't have anything against dogs at all.

Permabanned
OP, i'm really sorry to hear that. a friend of mine had this beautiful pure-whire siberian husky which he had to have rehomed when his ****-up of a husband moved out and the dog would have had to be left alone at home while my friend was in uni/at work.

**** Off. Muslim's don't have anything against dogs at all.
They're unclean so you're unclean for keeping them as pets.

Soldato
I recently tried to rehome my dads Rottweiler. He's too old to look after him now, and i thought i found the perfect couple to take him. When they came to see him, the man wouldn't stop going on about how much he loved the dog and its breed etc etc. We gave them the dog for free, but we ended up taking him back a few days later.

They lied over the phone saying the dog bit his hand (he later confessed outside our house that the dog DIDN'T bite), and they said he kept howling all the time he was there. (He never howled at our house, he was just anxious about his new surroundings) They basically wasted our time and they even had the cheek to steal the good quality dog lead we sent with the dog, and swapped it with a cheap £2 jobby from wilko.

So much for 'loving the breed' ******* tossers :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well, here you go, a picture of Chemukh.

PICT0140.jpg

Soldato
OP
Just an update. Apparently the rehome has all gone very well, and she is fitting in nicely so far with their 11 month old male. Really glad it has gone so well, can't thank this particular breeder enough really. Still very painful, but got a lot easier. The weekends are the hardest really because that when we would do a group walk with other wolf dogs and she was always real lively.

Seems really odd having such a quiet house and just the two dogs now :( At least after a week they started to eat again though!

Back
Top Bottom