Dolby Digital Live 7.1 Sound Card for my Siberia 800

Associate
Hi All,

I've had my Siberia 800 (H Wireless) for more than a year now and was feeding it through my old P67 motherboard optical out. That motherboard allowed me to output the Dolby Digital output that the headset needed for some great quality sound. Over Christmas I look the leap and jumped on the special Skylake deal that was on the forum. It came with a Maximus VIII Hero Intel Z170 that reckons it's got some awesome audio solution... sadly, it doesn't look as though Asus want to pay Dolby for their surround solution and as such my poor H Wireless can no longer get the signal it requires to be all it can be.

As such, I'm looking for a sound card that will do the job. Dolby Digital Live 7.1 (or 5.1) over optical. All suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Matt

Soldato
Creative sound blaster Z or Asus xonar DX, will do what you need.

DX does have optical, uses a mini toslink output, but comes with an adaptor so a standard toslink cable can be used.

Soldato
No experience, although I have used DDL on other Asus cards. Personally, I'd probably choose the DX as well, purely because I prefer Asus over creative.

Soldato
I owned both and still have sound blaster z installed in my pc. I moved away from Asus around the time windows 8 came out the driver team is very slow. Waited months for Windows 8 drivers, that when released was also beta drivers lol

This is one thing that lets Asus down has a company they always slow with driver support.

Associate
Dude I've got the 800s and I run mine through. A xonar u7......never had an issue and sounds good...went for external sound option as I suddenly started getting interference.......I had the sound blaster z before the xonar and just could not get on with it so went back to Asus as I never had any issues with their sound cards

Back
Top Bottom