Domain and hosting advice

Associate
I've been with TSOHost for many years. However I've found their service to go from amazing to pretty awful in the last few years.

I think I posted a year or so back asking for advice but with the distractions of life I haven't made the progress I would have liked with my migration.

I've set up an account with Linode which I think I'm going to use for my hosting, however I'm still open to recommendations.

For context I have a few wordpress sites and some custom build Laravel sites. I like that Linode gives me full flexability in terms of resource and setup. I don't know if it offers the best value for money and lack of hassle when it comes to setting up a wordpress site from scratch.

I'm also looking at some recommendations for my domains to live. I've used 123 reg in the past, but I don't know of any others that stand out as being good.

Looking forward to hearings everyones advice.

Kind Regards
Mark

Soldato
Thread here with reviews of hosts

We have all our domains and hosting with 20i currently, Stablepoint has a good following on here as one of the main guys is a active poster.

Soldato
Just logged on to ask the exact same question as this is the 3rd day in a row that I havent been able to access my site! TSOHost has really gone down the pan sadly.

I remember Krystal hosting being well spoken of in here. Is that still the case?

Associate
Semi related. I run my local hockey club website on the cheap.
I have been on the TsoHost lite package for 10+ years now at about £16/year or something. I set it up when they were good and have lets encrypt.

I had been meaning to move hosting at some point but have now pretty much had it forced on me. Got an email yesterday that they are closing this and will be migrating me another service for more cost and no SSL cert for free.

I plan to move on and Stablepoint is who I had in mind. Another club member maintains the domain name.

I think all I need to do is signup for Stablepoint, give them my cpanel details and once migrated get the other club member to update the domain name to point at stablepoints DNS servers.

Associate
Semi related. I run my local hockey club website on the cheap.
I have been on the TsoHost lite package for 10+ years now at about £16/year or something. I set it up when they were good and have lets encrypt.

I had been meaning to move hosting at some point but have now pretty much had it forced on me. Got an email yesterday that they are closing this and will be migrating me another service for more cost and no SSL cert for free.

I plan to move on and Stablepoint is who I had in mind. Another club member maintains the domain name.

I think all I need to do is signup for Stablepoint, give them my cpanel details and once migrated get the other club member to update the domain name to point at stablepoints DNS servers.
Yep, that's right.

They'll handle the transfer

Associate
I transferred my domain hosting from 123-Reg to Stablepoint a few months ago. Also had TsoHost web hosting, though I hardly used it. Stablepoint seem pretty good so far. May also look at PorkBun for cheaper domain hosting.

Soldato
Just logged on to ask the exact same question as this is the 3rd day in a row that I havent been able to access my site! TSOHost has really gone down the pan sadly.

I remember Krystal hosting being well spoken of in here. Is that still the case?
My original host was swallowed up by Krystal a few years ago, tbh the service and platform is much better now. No complaints.

Associate
I’ve got through a few hosts over the years, I just stick with Krystal now. Used to use 123-reg and namecheap for domain names but I keep reading people are moving away from both

Back
Top Bottom