DON'T BUY MSI THEY MIS-SOLD TOP SPEC GT SERIES LAPTOPS with MXM Graphics

Associate
Already did, now just need to wait for response few days. Good I started to thinking about upgrades. It almost went under my radar.
I'm really upset about all of this

Associate
got answer from MSI.
Trade in program is up.
They just need all details about my mashine plus invoice.
and in 10 days they prepare proposal for me (purchace price minus age)

doesnt sound like i will get good value in that trade, but we'll see

Associate
OP
got answer from MSI.
Trade in program is up.
They just need all details about my mashine plus invoice.
and in 10 days they prepare proposal for me (purchace price minus age)

doesnt sound like i will get good value in that trade, but we'll see

There's no reason why you should get a worse deal than I did.

MSI UK Trade-in landing page - https://uk.msi.com/Landing/ukgttradein

I traded from a GT72 2QE w/ GTX 980M to GT73 7RF with GTX 1080 for under £400.

Oh, and my GT72 was a returned 'B' grade model I bought from overclockers clearance section.

If they try and give you a worse deal point them to this post, and I'm happy to provide any supporting info you require. EG, copy of my trade-in agreement, etc...

Good luck.

Associate
@MiSJAH

Any news on 11 series as two generations of card were promised since it launched with 9x we got the 10x upgrade 11 has just been announced, don't see anything from MSI on this.

Is the model we got upgradeable as a trade in? Or do we have to go down the trade in route again + wait 6 months and threaten all kinds of legal action to get MSI to do a 11?

Also how about the class action result and how does this affect the 11 upgrade and are the USA getting a program?

Associate
OP
So when the Trade-in scam was announced, MSI in the USA stated that the 'program' would cover two generations of GPU upgrades and it looks like they will be as good as their word.

A representative of MSI UK stated that they would only cover a single generation of GPU upgrade.

MSI's marketing claims were worldwide.

So if the US gets the second generation upgrade, we will push for the UK to have the same process.

Associate
So when the Trade-in scam was announced, MSI in the USA stated that the 'program' would cover two generations of GPU upgrades and it looks like they will be as good as their word.

A representative of MSI UK stated that they would only cover a single generation of GPU upgrade.

MSI's marketing claims were worldwide.

So if the US gets the second generation upgrade, we will push for the UK to have the same process.

Hopefully they learn from last time, can you post the graphic about 2 gen upgrades? I tried to find it in this thread but I lost track :(

because it was on the UK site so it must be worldwide or at least a few other locations.

Either way, i'll get my email trigger finger ready still got all of MSI's numbers so let me know, i'll get on the blower also.

EDIT: note the USA were also apparently given a buy back option, which would have been preferable to me but we were also not given this option.

Associate
OP
If one has bought a 2nd hand GT72 6QE, could one also speak with MSI for a potential trade in?

MSI UK will tell you 'no' 2nd hand units are not eligible.

But if you bought that specific model due to MSI's advertised upgradability they should honour their advertising.

Feel free to quote that they allowed me to upgrade and mine was a 'b' grade (ergo, 2nd hand).

Associate
i
Thanks for your inquiry.

We have heard and read each and every one of your posts and are taking this issue very seriously with our engineering teams and external partners.

As everyone knows, the performance of the latest GeForce® GTX 1080/1070/1060 chips has jumped significantly over the last generation. This could not have been possible without redesigning the motherboard, modifying power outputs, thermals and other components in order to utilize the full performance of Pascal chips.

In order to keep our original promise of upgradeable GPUs, MSI will be offering a trade-up program for those who currently have GT72/GT80 UK models with GTX 800 and 900 series graphics inside, to the new GT72/GT73/GT83 with GTX 10-series packed with our latest gaming features.

Basically we will have a discount amount based on the value of your on-hand machine then you will be able to use that discount on the new GTX 10 series GT model you choose.

The value of your laptop will be determined by the SRP at launch and the age of your notebook. You will be able to use this to trade up to selected MSI Notebooks featuring Nvidia GTX 1060 / GTX 1070 / GTX 1080

Firstly, please provide the information listed below, we will give you a further information regarding the discount amount you will have and instruct for the following steps.

Thanks you for your patience.
it was in july
send them all info plus invoice,
tied contact them multiple times, still no reply

Back
Top Bottom