1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DON'T BUY MSI THEY MIS-SOLD TOP SPEC GT SERIES LAPTOPS with MXM Graphics

Discussion in 'Laptops & Tablets' started by MiSJAH, Aug 26, 2016.

1. mrbell1984

Capodecina

This is disgusting what they have done. They could either refund the users the price of the laptop or do a trade in for same priced laptop and a return of the current laptop. It wouldn't even make a dent in their profits.

2. GIBURROWS

Mobster

Lost a future customer in me for all this nonsense

3. MiSJAH

Wise Guy

It's a surprise to me that this thread is still going after nearly 3 years.

The thing I'm most disappointed is the MSI reps didn't stay for the duration, tried to push people into not talking about the offers they received, and gave people vastly differing offers.

MSI, you are more than welcome to make reparations with the community in the UK via this thread. (Maybe have a chat with OcUK and see how many unique views this thread has had?).

To everyone that has commented, shared this situation, or simple recommended against MSI, thank you.

For anyone still involved in this debacle, you have my sympathies.

4. chilipeppersc

Hitman

I too stay clear of MSI after my experiences with their gt70 range. Terrible. Finding my footing with the reliable companies at present, kudos EVGA amongst others

5. Furos

Gangster

From my experience I have a gt73vr 7rf and it's been perfect for my needs. Its just over 2 year old and not had a issue with it. I'm looking to upgrade and from my own personal experience I'll be happy to look at other msi products.

6. XeNoNF50

Wise Guy

My sister had a very bad experience with an 870m laptop. Safe to say I don't buy MSI any more either. Keep up the good fight, all

7. MiSJAH

Wise Guy

We all know that MSI make some great products, that was never the issue.

The problem is how MSI treat their high ticket customers when MSI themselves screw up.

You're fortunate enough not to have been caught up in this circumstance.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  8. Richdog

Capodecina

Everything is great until you have a problem and need support. You haven't had any problems so of course you don't see it the same way as the others who have have, that is clear.

9. tropicola

Gangster

Again never the issue... this thread is about how MSI advertised something, didn't end up offering it (whole reason we purchased the laptop) then tried to screw us on these "swap" deals for a new laptop to presumably make a profit from the prices i've seen offered!

Not to mention when i sent the laptop back they tried to charge me for RMA repairs when we did go for the upgrade.

Infact I was so adamant that I hated MSI that much I would sell the GT73VR 7RF I upgraded too, however after a few teething issues (power pack died on me, black screen because drivers were crap (took about a month to get upgrade drivers on the MSI website!) I happily kept the laptop as it was actually good quality and decent performance.

However for my next purchase it will never be MSI because they broke my trust. I would never trust anything they promise or advertise these days in my personal opinion due to my experiences.

But again, it was never MSI products sucked, it was the breach of trust and from my point of view the false advertising - This whole thread is about holding them accountable and ensuring they DO NOT repeat this again and other people lose out.

10. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

I admit their customer services leave a lot to be desired. Having had three MSI's now, two had to be sent back due to major problems over the years. However, to be fair, once the RMA was in process it was quite plain sailing. The problem was pre-RMA dealing with a team based in Asia, with different time zones and a lack of general understanding due to language barriers which should not be an issue today. They seem very Asian-centric still and the European side of things seem to take a back seat.

That said, the actual product is amazing in my honest opinion, which is why I've had three.

11. MiSJAH

Wise Guy

As previously stated this was never about the quality of MSI hardware but their mismanagement of their customers due to a situation MSI created.

I had been loyal to MSI from my first GT60, then GS60, then GT72.

MSI broke the trust of their high ticket laptop customers.

As an aside the new GT76 with desktop 9900K is ~£1,500 more than the equivalent Clevo with no gaming or computational benefits.

12. leinad amme

Gangster

Hi MiSJAH i can't believe this thread is still going. i had all but forgotten about the fiasco and my GT83 has been serving me well...... almost time for an upgrade though and it won't be MSI

13. Lakeland

Soldato

I’ve just done a new pc build and I avoided MSI components completely.

14. MiSJAH

Wise Guy

15. leinad amme

Gangster

16. Alexrose1uk

Sgarrista

I hope the class action is successful, on principle if nothing else. I like MSI machines/hardware, they make nice stuff, but this sort of customer service failure is unacceptable, and I hope the people responsible are no longer with them.

17. MiSJAH

Wise Guy

If you follow MSI on any social media platforms, please share this thread there.

Let MSI know we are following the lawsuit and have not forgotten.

(I can't they blocked me from posting to there feeds, hmmmmm, very strange it's like they don't want their customers to know still.)