• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Don't know if it will fit !!

Associate
Hi

Just brought an Asus 1080ti ROG OC card and now I'm flapping as I'm not sure if it will fit in my Corsair Carbide 500R Midi-Tower Case??

I have a Maximus Hero VII motherboard with 2 980's on at the moment so I just took it for granted the new card would fit...

I'm not to hot on all of this techy stuff so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :)

Man of Honour
A quick look on specs gives the length of the card as 300mm and the maximum graphics card length for the case as 316mm with the drive bays installed and 452mm with the drive bays removed. The power connectors are on the top, so you'll only need the stated 300mm clearance for length.

The case in is 206mm wide and the card is 130mm high, so there shouldn't be any problem in that direction either. Maybe there might be an issue if you have a side fan on the case, perhaps.

Associate
OP
A quick look on specs gives the length of the card as 300mm and the maximum graphics card length for the case as 316mm with the drive bays installed and 452mm with the drive bays removed. The power connectors are on the top, so you'll only need the stated 300mm clearance for length.

The case in is 206mm wide and the card is 130mm high, so there shouldn't be any problem in that direction either. Maybe there might be an issue if you have a side fan on the case, perhaps.

I've just done a quick google.. Looks like the Asus card is 4mm longer than one of my 980's so fingers crossed.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom