DOOM 3 bfg VR

Soldato
This might have been talked about before but I wanted to say I think this is amazing. It blew me away back in 2004 and it gone and done it again!
Much better than Doom 2016 VFR. It works brilliantly by comparison and a must have VR game imo.
Just get the VR mod and the texture pack and your there, inside Doom3 all alone with the monsters. Epic.

Soldato
Does it make you want to vomit after 15 mins? I tried Quake in my old Gear VR headset and it was the worst for that!

It's one of the most flexible games in terms of comfort, and beats many dedicated VR titles. Both teleport and free-movement are supported along with a load of different VR options.

It's a way better VR conversion than Skyrim or Fallout. It fully supports touch/vive wands and you can interact with the UI's by 'touching' using the motion controllers.

Soldato
OP
Does it make you want to vomit after 15 mins? I tried Quake in my old Gear VR headset and it was the worst for that!
I've gotten used to the sickness in general now with VR games. You just have to stop the moment you start feeling it and don't try and push through it. As said they have teleportation and locomotion in Doom so it works well. You can also reduce the walking speed or turn on the snapping rotation which will help.
This mod has stopped working for me. Can't figure out why. It always starts in 2D mode, not VR. :(

Was brilliant when it worked.
Just start again with the 2 downloads from this video. Managed to break my game too trying to install another mod over these so just started again. Make sure you delete the actaul DOOM BFG file from the steam folder becuase steam won't get rid of it when uninstalling.

Associate
I've gotten used to the sickness in general now with VR games. You just have to stop the moment you start feeling it and don't try and push through it. As said they have teleportation and locomotion in Doom so it works well. You can also reduce the walking speed or turn on the snapping rotation which will help.

Just start again with the 2 downloads from this video. Managed to break my game too trying to install another mod over these so just started again. Make sure you delete the actaul DOOM BFG file from the steam folder becuase steam won't get rid of it when uninstalling.
Thanks for posting this, I’ll give it ago

Soldato
OP
Thanks for posting this, I’ll give it ago
No worries mate.

Got a bit in tonight. Playing alone at night is absolutely horrific at times. Turning the volume up combined with those added sound effects from the mod making it especially tense. If you let the atmosphere get to you the game will very swifty turn you into a cowering wreck. And those spider things give me the heebie jeebies.

Soldato
Re-installed and found the game was crashing on startup. Resetting the Nvidia Global Settings tab to default fixed it. So it's working again, yay! :D

EDIT: Now it's crashing when loading a save. :(

Last edited:
I have to say that playing doom 3 in VR has been as a profound experience as playing doom was back in the early 90's on my ancient 386. It's like a whole new game and experience even though I have completed it previously. For me that one game I bought off G2A for about 4 quid (BFG edition, I have now three versions of it on steam) is worth the price of the VR headset.

Soldato
OP
I have to say that playing doom 3 in VR has been as a profound experience as playing doom was back in the early 90's on my ancient 386. It's like a whole new game and experience even though I have completed it previously. For me that one game I bought off G2A for about 4 quid (BFG edition, I have now three versions of it on steam) is worth the price of the VR headset.
My sentiment exactly. It just shows how effectively old games can be translated. I can see myself playing through all the classics like hl2 and fear like this. That would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom