Double Agent (360)

Soldato
This game is insanely hard.

I've had it for about 4 weeks, tried it once, and thought i'm going to need a good day to learn that, haven't touched until tonight, and got to say after about 2 hours of play, i'm no further.

Fluffed both the training missions, and am attempting the first mission again, for the umpteenth time and up to the computer thing on the missle, waiting for the code to crack on countdown then get shot to high heaven with 2 seconds before the countdown and die.

There are so many buttons doing so many things, then these move into other options and am left standing there being shot coz am interrogating someone instead of knifing them, aghh!

All these gadgets and stuff and am supposed to know what to do?

The training missions are rubbish, thought up by a two year old and all that white does me box in, hoever once i got further into the 1st mission i started to enjoy it even though i dont have a clue what am doing.

Did anyone else find this game this tough, i'm new to the series and im probably lacking all the basic training, which really, the practice missions should have filled me in on.

Also any tips, like how to use stuff etc is more than welcome.

Associate
I was new to the series too with the 360 version and found it quite easy to get on with.

Been a while since I played but I completed all the offline achievements within a week of on off playing.

Perhaps it's just not your type of game?

Associate
coudn't get into it either played and quite liked the first one years ago on my pc

training missions are a joke you are in a white room what do you do you go through the door lol you have to hack the computer :confused: for me it is a bad case of style over substance not really training you at all

Last edited:
Associate
The training is horrible, I hated it, and I've played every other game in the series. I skipped that stuff asap. The actual game itself is really pretty easy - only a few spots I'd say are particularly challenging.

All I can say is usually you have plenty of time to decide exactly what to do, and how to do it. It's also pretty easy to tell when you can and can't be seen - both by the indicator and by the way nearby guards will react to you. On the easy difficulty, you can literally run rings around them; as long as the indicator is green and you're moving slowly they can *almost* touch you without even seeing where you are.

Try to see it the way the game sees it, you will soon pick up on what the AI will and won't do - and that's when the fun starts ;)

Soldato
dokko said:
:(

Ok then, how do i use the EMP with my gun in the training?

And do i just let the crack thing countdown 30 seconds on the big missile? And was it just bad timing that i got shot to ribbons?

Don't really need to use the EMP gun at all in the game so I wouldn't worry and don't bother with the training.

The cracking mode has 4 columns that spin, if you look closely every few seconds one of the columns will become fixed ie a number will stop moving, click it and move onto the next column. The columns don't always crack in order so just look for fixed numbers and click on them until you have all 4.

Associate
The original game is easier to get into, plus the whole SC series is worth playing through anyway. Your really missing out if you start from Double Agent.

Soldato
Awesome game from start to finish and best one of then series IMO. The story really sucks you in. However, I would agree that the game can be hard to play if you've never played the others as it has quite a steep learning curve. All I can say is RTFM and practice.

Caporegime
Welll tbh i didnt find it all that difficult and i never played any of these splinter cell games before. Didnt even bother reading the manual either, just learned as i went along.

Enjoyable game though, one of my fave Tom Clancy games next to Rainbow6.

Soldato
OP
Well had another crack at it before and its coming along nicely.

Now i know how to use the cracks on computers, and i think after last nights play the controls have sunken in and im used to the movements.

Completed the 1st level all missions without alerts with 34% stealth, then just done the prison level, again all missions with 89% stealth, so big improvement!

Really enjoying it now, really glad i had another crack at it last night.

Now to level 3. :D

Soldato
OP
Stuck on China.

Outside the building to record the meeting but its not working, im not sure if am hitting the right buttons or using the right bit of equipment.

Could someone tell me what i should be doing?

Soldato
You do realise that there are plenty of walkthroughs for just about every game out there? Might as well find yourself a Splinter Cell one at Game FAQs or somewhere if you are continously struggling.

Soldato
This was my first game in the series and I found it as impossible as you to start with. I just couldn't work out 'how' to play.

I looked the training and first level up on gamefaqs. Followed it and then I was fine for the rest of the game.

In the end I found it very enjoyable and finished it. I liked to play very stealthily and brought back fond memories of Thief etc.

Stick with it.

Associate
This was the first Splinter Cell game for me too and I struggled with the training missions for a while.
There was no guidance on how to perform any of the tasks either in the 'Training' or the manual.

I struggled with the computer hacks as I had no idea that I needed to click the numbers once they'd stopped.
Also using secondary ammo was confusing as I kept selecting it but it was never loaded.

I eventually figured them out, but the training could have been more useful if it was actually a training mission and not an extra challenge.

Kind of enjoying it now, but I haven't had time to sit down with it for a good session as I'm busy at the moment and GoW, PGR3 and dead Rising also want what little game time I have.

Soldato
OP
I've had to have a look at the guides, but that offers me no answer.

How on hell do i record the conversation, it just says point the gun at the glass, well i've done that about 30 times now, ranging from pressing nothing, to all sorts of buttons.

In the guide it shows the marker as a red dot, but mine is green, so i guess am not recording.

It was the same in training with the EMP thing, i didn't figure out how to use that and no guide or even the manual tells you how to use the gadgets, your just expected to know from previous versions.

Soldato
OP
The $6m Dan said:
This was the first Splinter Cell game for me too and I struggled with the training missions for a while.
There was no guidance on how to perform any of the tasks either in the 'Training' or the manual.

I struggled with the computer hacks as I had no idea that I needed to click the numbers once they'd stopped.
Also using secondary ammo was confusing as I kept selecting it but it was never loaded.

I eventually figured them out, but the training could have been more useful if it was actually a training mission and not an extra challenge.

Kind of enjoying it now, but I haven't had time to sit down with it for a good session as I'm busy at the moment and GoW, PGR3 and dead Rising also want what little game time I have.

DUDE!

Am sure that's what i cannot figure out, please tell! :D

Associate
I've just done that bit and it also confused me for ages.

Scroll left or right through your inventory until you select the microphone and abseil down the rope. When you're by the window use the mic to record the conversation :)

Soldato
OP
The $6m Dan said:
I've just done that bit and it also confused me for ages.

Scroll left or right through your inventory until you select the microphone and abseil down the rope. When you're by the window use the mic to record the conversation :)

How do i 'use' it?

Seriously, that's whats not working.

I go through the menu, select it, then equip it, a gun like thing comes up with a green dot for aiming, but nothing i do after that records the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom