Double Din Car Stereo Bluetooth Options?

Soldato
Hello,
I’m thinking of getting a Double Din Car Stereo (max £200), most important feature is Bluetooth for hands free calling with an Android HTC Desire HD (I assume sound quality will be similar in all respected brand names), having looked around I’m leaning towards the JVC KW XR811, any other contenders in the price range? (It’s for a Celica).

Thinking about it a Single Din could be an option if this gives more quality for the money (preference is Double but I could be persuaded otherwise)

Advice Welcome

Soldato
OP
Really a £200 Double Din is that bad it’s not worth having? I’m not after audio perfection, just a stereo capable of playing MP3’s and making phone calls.

Which single head unit would you recommend, I’m actually happy with the sound from the factory fitted Sony Double Din, it’s the hands free calling I’m “upgrading” for

Again opinions welcome

Man of Honour
Really a £200 Double Din is that bad it’s not worth having? I’m not after audio perfection, just a stereo capable of playing MP3’s and making phone calls.

Which single head unit would you recommend, I’m actually happy with the sound from the factory fitted Sony Double Din, it’s the hands free calling I’m “upgrading” for

Again opinions welcome

What ever you do, do not buy a cheap chinese nav off of ebay! I have tried and failed.

Soldato
OP
Thanks Naan H, great link, just looked and these seem to be £255ish now...If I'm brave enough to install myself I might go for it...

That said the:

"Pioneer AVH-2300DVD 5.8 inch Double Din Widescreen Touch Screen AV Headunit for iPod/USB - Navi Ready"

At a glance looks impressive...anyone got one?

Edit, just noticed no Bluetooth! JVC or Pioneer (£70more) is the question?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Naan H, great link, just looked and these seem to be £255ish now...If I'm brave enough to install myself I might go for it...

That said the:

"Pioneer AVH-2300DVD 5.8 inch Double Din Widescreen Touch Screen AV Headunit for iPod/USB - Navi Ready"

At a glance looks impressive...anyone got one?

Edit, just noticed no Bluetooth! JVC or Pioneer (£70more) is the question?

As you say the AVH-23000 has no BT i have the Pioneer AVH-3300BT is it really good love it. The BT connects 1st time every time on auto and the sound is very good. Plus i love not having CD's in the car, picked up a 16GB SD card from play and just put all my music on ther.
If you can think of any questions ill try to answer them for you

Soldato
OP
Thanks everyone, although I’m now in a right dilemma, do I break the bank and go for the.
PIONEER AVH-3300BT
or
JVC KW-AVX740 (both look very nice)
or go for the cheaper
Clarion CX609E
or
perhaps stick with the JVC KW-XR811 I originally liked…I don’t think a single DIN would look right in my car so it’s one of the above, I guess I’ll take a trip to a shop and see which I like in the flesh.
Thanks for all the suggestions
(leaning towards the JVC KW-AVX740)

PS Why do all stereos mention iPod/iPhone and never Android?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom