Double output on Roccat keyboard

Associate
I've had my Roccat Vulcan 120 AIMO for a while now and recently I've noticed at times on key presses I have double outputs. I've trawled google etc and there is a lot of talk about this issue and it isn't limited to the Roccat either from my reading.

I don't think people realise what is happening though. I have this figured out and can repeatably make any letter double post. On pressing a key if you press lightly but consistently you can feel half way down the keystroke pressure increases. What I have noticed is that if you do not press the complete keystroke fast enough you have the key register at the halfway point and then again when fully depressed.

If you're very positive with your typing it is unlikely you'll have a double output on a keystroke. The thing is I am sure the keyboard has become more susceptible to them since when I first used it. It seems pointless asking for an RMA as it seems an inherent design fault in either the buttons or how the firmware registers a button press.

No idea why I'm really posting this but if anyone has devised a way to prevent keys registering as a double tap on a Roccat keyboard it'd be nice to know about it. All drivers / firmware are up to date. I should probably highlight my findings to Roccat. For now I will just have to ensure I am typing extremely positively when using the keyboard!

Associate
good luck with contacting Roccat mate, I have logged a ticket, and got a ticket number, and then nothing, for a problem with the h key not registering reliably, there isnt even a place to search for the ticket number.
Decent keyboard to be fair but the support has put me off their products.

Back
Top Bottom